View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2006, 04:58 PM
Ok, I've now got a dilema. My OH's sister is over from Oz with her 2 kids. The youngest is over the height limit, but only 11. As she comes to our house to spend time with my kids after school and at weekends, obviously this means she has to have a booster seat.

Thing is, they're going back to Oz at some point. I don't really want to buy a booster seat as it would be a waste of money for me as my kids don't need one.

What do I do?
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2006, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
Ok, I've now got a dilema. My OH's sister is over from Oz with her 2 kids. The youngest is over the height limit, but only 11. As she comes to our house to spend time with my kids after school and at weekends, obviously this means she has to have a booster seat.

Thing is, they're going back to Oz at some point. I don't really want to buy a booster seat as it would be a waste of money for me as my kids don't need one.

What do I do?
I thought if you are over the height limit then you didn't need a booster seat? Isn't it just so the seat belt fits right - if she is tall enough then I wouldn't have thought she would have needed one Wolfie.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2006, 05:04 PM
I'm assuming that because she's under 12, she'll still need one. doG, this is confusing!!!!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2006, 05:06 PM
I'm assuming that because she's under 12, she'll still need one. doG, this is confusing!!!!
No I understood it that if they were the right height then it didn't matter about being under 12. I suppose kids are all different heights so they just put 12 because they felt that most kids had reached the required height by then.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2006, 05:59 PM

Wolfie if her kids are 4.5 foot or more then they'll be fine

Or 135cm tall
darasa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-09-2006, 08:00 PM
I think that this law is a good thing .. if it stops any child from flying head first through the wind screen then its a good thing!! I put my son in a booster seat a while ago but was unhappy with the "fit" and bought another car seat that was suitable for older children he is 4 at the moment but it should last a while...I regularly see children bouncing around, playing ,kneeling up, hanging out car windows, etc I just think it is shocking that the government has to force parents to travel safely with their kids..
I think the law is 135 cm or 12 yrs old whichever comes first .. having said that some friends went to check in the police station today and the police website was coming back with 14 yrs or 135cm

Rahel
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2006, 09:19 PM
As far as I understand it, if they are over 135cm tall, it doesn't matter what age they are

I am lucky that Charlie doesn't like sitting in the car without one as the seatbelt cuts too high across her shoulder and hurts her neck.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2006, 10:18 PM
You cold have all simply visited the ROPSA special site for child car safety that has been up & running for ages
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3