View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2009, 08:31 PM
if shes a fatty, stick her on burns, theres a new one out "alert" that may suit!!!!!
Labman
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-09-2009, 01:36 AM
Golden Retriever

Adult dry lamb and rice/ Iams

Varies widely.

Since I was given him at 9 weeks last October

I was told to feed it by the assistance dog school I am fostering him for. It is the most common choice by the professionals that manage service dog schools. I am not sure why they had him on adult food at 9 weeks. Usually they wait until 4 months.
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2009, 05:37 AM
dogs breed: English Springers

food type/make: Human grade raw meats/Bones/Offal and tripe

daily exercise : Varies, between training, and walking, but if running a least an hr, they work during the shooting season

how long you have been using that brand: A couple of months

and why you chose the brand: Decided to swap after Millie was diagnosed with AIHA, as no one knows what triggers it, i wanted to go as natural as possible, have to say i am very pleased

dogs breed: English Springers (Fosters)

food type/make: Skinners duck and rice

daily exercise : Varies, between training, and walking, but if running a least an hr, they work

how long you have been using that brand: A couple of Years

and why you chose the brand: Good quality and reasonably priced, i don't think its fair to put foster dogs on to Raw as their new home may not want to feed it
lisa34
New Member!
Female 

03-09-2009, 06:06 AM
dogs breed: Labrador/staffie cross

food type/make: Bakers complete dog food with tuna or lamb mince

daily exercise (any any agility etc..)..: two big runs with her wanger and 4 mile canal walk at the weekends

how long you have been using that brand: since having Ellie in may 2009

and why you chose the brand: reputable, my parents have brought their westie up on bakers.

anything else: Ellie will eat rice with lamb mince or chicken as a treat or when she has an upset tummy
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2009, 07:16 AM
dogs breed: German shepherd

food type/make: Burns lamb & rice, but in process of changing to Origen fish

daily exercise (any any agility etc..)..: Around 3 hours most days, sometimes a bit more. We are planning to do some agility in a month or so.

how long you have been using that brand:
On and off about a year

and why you chose the brand:
It is one of the better commercial brands

anything else: Very happy with Burns but just cannot seem to put weight on, hence the changeover to Origen. Had my dog on Eukanuba from the breeder, which I continued with but it is chicken based and she seems to be a bit allergic to foods with chicken as the main ingredient. Also not keen to fund Iams as I hear they test on animals, if not the dog food then other products.

Ideally would like to feed raw but find it all too confusing so hope Origen is the next best thing!
KateM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-09-2009, 08:05 AM
dogs breed: 3 german spitz (aged 1, 3 and 5) 1 vallhund (aged 14)

food type/make: Morning - combination of any of the following foods: Burgess Supadog Sensitive, Beta Sensitive, Vitalin Senior/Light, Skinners Duck & Rice or Salmon & Potato, JWB or Wainrights.
Evening - raw meal - usually chicken wings but occasionally lamb ribs. once a week liver/heart mix, once a week pilchards

daily exercise (any any agility etc..)..: 2 x 30 minutes walks plus whatever they do to themselves racing about and beating each other up. Ringcraft/training once a week.

how long you have been using that brand: Erm, about the whole of the 14 years i've been chopping and changing their food about. We did have a whole year on totally raw but the dogs either got too fat or if i cut the food down to keep them thin they started raiding the bins.

and why you chose the brand: I don't use any one brand of food - the only common factor is that they are low/no wheat gluten in them. I mix and match mine depending on what i have in, and will mix small bags of different types into one bigger food bin, I have never had problems with upset stomachs etc from the food, probably because they are used to this from day one. It also means there is no panic if i suddenly can't get hold of the one type of food that they are used to eating. It also means they get a variety of kibble shapes and sizes to get used to.

anything else: not really, but i do believe that there isn't a one size fits all best food for any dog. Like humans all have different likes and dislikes, all have different metabolisms, it's a try it and see situation for most.
johndecker
New Member!
Male 

03-09-2009, 09:09 AM
wat is also important is that your dog is not over fed... and get a proper number of walks a day.....
bingowings
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-09-2009, 01:07 PM
dogs breed: 2 Cane Corso

food type/make: Raw - more Lonsdale than BARF

daily exercise (any any agility etc..)..: two gentle off lead walks a day - max 15 mins per walk (my dogs are young) or just once a day if they have hydro later on. They also get play time/training in the garden.

how long you have been using that brand: 8 months

and why you choose the brand: Was recommended by the breeder and researched by us. We decided it was the best way to go.

anything else: We always get comments on how good our dogs look. Fantastic coats, healthy gums/teeth, nice slow even growth, alert but never overly hyper. They smell less than previous dogs owned on commercial diet - no flaky skin in sight. They also LOVE their food and always show much enjoyment when eating - especially when bones are involved!
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-09-2009, 07:23 PM
dogs breed: Cavalier King Charles Spaniel

food type/make: Burns High Oats

daily exercise (any any agility etc..)..: Minimum of one walk lasting 45 - 60 mins; playing in the house with raggers, balls, toys etc

how long you have been using that brand: 2 months

and why you chose the brand: Poppy is a bit overweight, other CKCS owners have recommended Burns High Oats, Poppy is doing well on it, her coat is more shiny and moulting has been reduced, her poo's are a lot firmer.

anything else: Previous foods - JWB (turkey & rice) - enjoyed, did well; Royal Canin - coat not very shiny, poo's quite soft; Arden Grange - didn't like; Nature Diet - Ok for a couple of weeks then she went off it, her poo's were soft. Nature's Menu - a table spoon warmed up and mixed in with her Burns a couple of times a week - really enjoys. Occasional veg, pasta, turkey - cooked.
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2009, 08:16 AM
dogs breed: 2 boxers

food type/make: Chudleys sensitive

daily exercise: 2 hours on and off lead exercise, split into 3 separate walks though the week. At weekend it's 2 hours split into 2 walks.

how long you have been using that brand: 3 months

and why you choose the brand: I was struggling to get hold of vitalin sensitive so went to local farm shop and they recommended it for sensitive woofs, dogs are doing great on it

anything else: happy, healthy and nutty dogs
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >