View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-01-2014, 12:55 PM
Afternoon June and I was moaning about Dillons muddy paws all over the rug.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-01-2014, 12:58 PM
I thought you did what I did and put old sheets down, silly silly girl!!!!! Muddy pawmarks is a doddle compared to 8 babies taking the kitchen apart piece by piece.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2014, 01:11 PM
HELLO JENNY You finally made it yayyyy OMG though, it looks pretty scarey where you are now though, especially if we get a lot more rain (it's bucketing down here now). It's the speed of all that water that would scare me, even if some of it is only a few inches deep, so please be careful, even out in the landy you could get swept away if what you say is true about all the water heading your way from Oxford. Jeesus, what is going on

Morning to everyone else I missed earlier.

I'm so very lucky living on this great big hill, and I never actually thought about it when we bought the place, but if ever we move, I think this'll be the very first thing to investigate that's for sure.

I can even walk the dog as normal really, just a lot more mud, but no great inconvenience liike you're all going through, thank goodness.

I went up on the clifftops this morning, and the whole world was up there, even a bluddy dog walker's van and he had 5 dogs all running riot but we managed to keep away from all the chuckitt peeps. That's all they do up there, get out of their cars, stand on the grassy field and just chuck the ball with the chucketts Me and Zena went through both fields and into the woods at the end, cos I wanted to give her quite a long walk today. The woods were actually mud free, as being down on a slop away from the cliff edge even the wind couldn't get at us, so we enjoyed that. By the time I got back to the coastguard's cottages, jeesus Christ, it nearly blew me off my feet again, but I put Zena onlead and we got blown back to the carpark in record speed lol.

Went to the vets to collect more pills for Zena, and had to drop in some books of Dave's to the accountant. Then I came home and decided to alter Dave's curtains so that they're out of the way. I'm now washing them so I shall put them away and forget about them when they're dry. I won't tell Dave I've done them, and I'll put them back in the same place he left them, and I know he'll have a moan at me saying I forgot them, and I'll be able to have a gloat and tell him they're all done

Cleaned my bootroom which was plastered with mud, the washing machine, the cupboards, even the white walls were brown along with the back door, so it's now all lovely and clean again.....until tomorrow of course. I even got the leather wipes out and went down and cleaned the car interior cos of all the mud splatters, I want to keep that car nice, it's not going to end up like my Astra dogmobiles did, i.e. a skip.

How's the weather now with you Jen, it sounds awful with the thunder and hail I don't know whether ours will turn into that but it's very dark and very wet here now and yet we've had a lovely morning, no rain and some sunshine.

Having said that, looking out across the sky over the woodland, it's now bright blue again, so we'll be back to sunshine once this shower has passed.

Stay safe everyone, I can't begin to imagine how those poor people are coping in their flooded out homes, I'm counting my blessings yet again.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2014, 01:59 PM
Thanks Malka - he had another fit this morning then howled incessantly for ages. He's been fed and walked and ran straight to the car boot - he's there now, nice and calm and I will be able to take him with me to school. I hope Pereg is okay.

Lovely to see you back Jenny but be careful around that flooded water with the sewage, we don't want you coming down with anything nasty from it.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2014, 02:21 PM
Hey
TW,busy girl it seems Bless their wee fluffy paws
HARVEY &JENNY,good to have you back Can't get over those pics Wellies are a must!!
LYNN,itchy is good I think,means its healing...pain in the butt for you no doubt though(( hugs))
LORRAINE,thank goodness you're phone will be here today....ENJOY!!
Been cleaning house today mostly,way to windy and wet to venture to far All that's left of Christmas are a few boxes of celebrations and a couple of selection boxes...all other traces are gone
Have a boot load of rubbish for the tip,will head off and get rid of that,be time for the school run then
Hope everyone is well,talk soon xx
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2014, 02:22 PM
Oh Hi H & LS....(( hugs)) to Loki
Anniebee
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-01-2014, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
Hey
TW,busy girl it seems Bless their wee fluffy paws
HARVEY &JENNY,good to have you back Can't get over those pics Wellies are a must!!
LYNN,itchy is good I think,means its healing...pain in the butt for you no doubt though(( hugs))
LORRAINE,thank goodness you're phone will be here today....ENJOY!!
Been cleaning house today mostly,way to windy and wet to venture to far All that's left of Christmas are a few boxes of celebrations and a couple of selection boxes...all other traces are gone
Have a boot load of rubbish for the tip,will head off and get rid of that,be time for the school run then
Hope everyone is well,talk soon xx
I'm very jealous of your remaining chocolates Eileen, there was a distinct shortage of Christmas confectionary in this house!! Only one small box of Ferrero Rocher which was gone by Boxing Day
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2014, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by Anniebee View Post
I'm very jealous of your remaining chocolates Eileen, there was a distinct shortage of Christmas confectionary in this house!! Only one small box of Ferrero Rocher which was gone by Boxing Day
Awww
See what's happening now is everyone in our house goes on a keep fit kick Chocolate will be frowned upon and looked at as if it were poison!!
Never lasts though....
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-01-2014, 02:53 PM
I have quilt covers down June but he was in the garden exploring and it was already very wet and muddy and then rained the best part of the morning today and he walked over the already muddy quilt covers which did not remove the mud and then over the rug to say hello which cleaned the best part of the mud off.
I now have a big cover down over the rug too.
Sorry Loki has had another fit Linda.
Hello Helena sounds like you have been busy again today.
Afternoon Eileen and Annie.

Not much itching going on today. Unsure if I have done the right thing or not but the top part of my thumb was unbearable the skin has tightened so much so I looked for the germolene couldn't find it but did find some e45 so slathered that on it then found the germolene so have now put some of that on it also. I can bend it again now as the skin is softening up.
Its getting me down now its so bl**dy debilitating.
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2014, 03:01 PM
Morning all...

Firstly Moyra Thanks for your concern, THANKFULLY the West coast is one of the only places the Polar Vortex hasn't reached, its been cold but not un-seasonably, and no snow, it is infact raining here a bit today. I am shocked with how cold it is across the country, people on bookface saying they can only take their dogs out for a quick pee and poo and back inside as it is so cold their skin is freezing and dogs feet are freezing, I read yesterday at 1 place in Montana it was -63F with windchill, that is about -52c - Shoot me!!

Jenny so happy to have you back, and Harvey too, phew bet you were both a bit worried there for a while, bet you thought you'd been banned Jenny that water looks so scary, please take care and don't go doing any heroics in the landrover!! Rucksack and Flash are probably enjoying all the excitement.

I hope everyone is ok, it is horrible the storms you are getting, I will once again extend my invitation to you all, the boring Pacific Northwest, just hope mother nature isn't storing up something truly nasty for us.!!

Well off to work in a bit, not much exciting going on, bit quieter at work now the end of the year is done, so able to catch up on Admin etc.. and ofcourse pay more attn. to Dogsey!

Happy Tuesday xx
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »