Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-03-2016, 03:50 PM
Afternoon all who have followed.
Glad deliveries are sorted and that the walk wasn't too manic June except for the boxer mix making a nuisance of itself.
Postage was £6.95 and if you order before 9 am the day before it is usually with you the next day between 10 and 4. Ordered mine yesterday before 9 and it arrived at just gone 10.30 this morning.
The wings and backs look meaty enough.
Here's the link for anyone wanting to take a look.
http://benyfitnatural.co.uk/

Beth and I had a nice morning together and discussed the discrepancies and spelling mistakes in the plans and the write up from the architect and had a bit of a giggle about it. We will see now what happens.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2016, 04:00 PM
Sorry to hear your mum hasn't got voluntary retirement Griff. Just becareful if she changes departments they don't get her to sign another contract changing her terms as I think then they can get out of paying redundancy as her time would start from the new contract. No 100 o/o sure so see if she can find someone who can help her on that one.

Good thing the owner loves their "lovely" pup June or you might have two to contend with

Pleased all delivery arrived and seem to be what everyone wanted.

Went to get the car out and it wouldn't start. Dead as a dodo Took other car to town and got everything done and then home. We took the battery out and went to Kwik Fit for a new one but they didn't have one suitable so went to the main dealer (Kia) There isn't a battery to fit in the whole of England They managed to find one that fitted and gave us a good discount telling us to bring it back and they would refund the cost if it wasn't suitable. Barry has got it fitted and yay the car started. Cant complain though the old battery is nearly 7 years old and they only guarantee them for 2/3 years so I have had my moneys worth out of it.

Hope all those 2 and 4 legged who are under the weather are now recovering well.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2016, 04:38 PM
Took Amber out with Blue just after 2pm and had a good run round in the sunshine. Clouded over now but took her out on the green again just for good measure. She had done well today. I think I will have another look at those metal storage units to see if one would fit neatly on my frontage without being too unsightly. When Colin pops in I will ask him what it would cost for him to do me something similar. I really think £119 is quite reasonable. Must get my metre rule out and measure up!

Griff I think it is terrible what your mum has been put through and really think she could go for unfair dismissal, it is the reason she is feeling so ill.

June, glad you got the girls out ok today.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2016, 04:55 PM
TW, pleased all of the girls behaved today.... it is ridiculous how people leave their dogs loose on roads/lanes...never ever happen with mine unless they legged it and then they would be onlead for the rest of their lives Lol
Lynn, i am a right one for spelling mistakes, it really annoys me in our local paper when they spell things wrong and use the wrong word etc....i go nuts as i don't think they should have a job in journalism if they can't sell correctly
Sue...terrific that you managed to get a battery
Moyra, i would deffo see if it is possible to have a shelter for blue, if it is easier for you to get out you will get more use out of it
Well, mum can stay where she is but she can't speak on the phone all day...which is her job...so no good really, they still have the option to get rid of her on medical grounds and she wouldn't be able to get another job either...if she goes to HR it is a 6 months post and then she could apply for a job if there is a vacancy or look at another department...no idea what she will do. There is no proof that how she has been treated has made her ill...certainly won't have helped...apparently they can't afford to let them go..not financially but the fact that they would have no staff to replace them with... the job gets made redundant not the person and as they work in the contact centre they always need people to answer the phones
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-03-2016, 05:00 PM
Just had Amie (Taran's mummy) on, one and a half hours later.....she's just gone off the phone.....
I was going to have a shower and wash my hair and its now 5.00pm
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2016, 09:12 PM
if anyone is interested, lidl have sirloin steak 21 day aged..2 steaks for £4.60 odd
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-03-2016, 09:36 PM
Hi Lynn, thanks for that link, I think I may try them because not getting much response from our butcher. His supplier was good in early 2015 but then they almost doubled the price so we stopped the order, only last week I asked him if he could get them elsewhere but he hasn't come back to me.

I am having problems using the 'Quote' button tonight, it's not showing the post so I can't edit it down to the bit I want to comment on, might have to contact the boss and find out what's going on
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-03-2016, 09:46 PM
"Harvey the turkey wings are like dinosaur bones bit on the expensive side though will reckon one will have to be chopped in two and do two meals for Dillon because they are so large"

Thanks for all the info Lynn, if Dillon gets two meals out of one then I guess one wing would do for our two.

Have to do something 'cos Casey is still not eating properly and will only eat chicken breast

Rianna is well used to turkey wings, used to buy them in CZ price was very good, but all food over there is at least half what is in England.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2016, 09:52 PM
Harvey, iceland are doing a kilo of chicken breast for £5
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-03-2016, 10:01 PM
"Bloke was calling it back and it was following us, so I shouted Put It On A Lead, shouldn't have been out like that, its a farm lane and tractors and all sorts are up and down all day."

Hi June, and modern tractors are just huge aren't they and all the new machinery they hang off the back, there are plenty around here and I'm amazed at some of the stuff they have now.

There is one lane which we use to access the field where it's completely enclosed by the river and fence. The lane leads to an electricity sub station, never ever seen any vehicles use it and largest it would be is a transit type van.

I keep them on lead until we are past the sub station just in case there's a van leaving then into the field which is big and they can run around off lead to their hearts content Well not right now for Casey as vet says no walks.

Have some chores to do now so will log off and hope to see you tomorrow.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >