View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2008, 05:58 PM
No reply to my e-mail to Southern Counties radio, nothing on the Meridian News, but then they wouldn't would they, I mean this is real NEWS in our area, but we only ever seem to get anything going on in Portsmouth, or a family who can't pay their gas bill, or local government We never, ever get REAL local news do we!!! I will go in the village shop first thing tomorrow and find out what happened and I hope it's good news, but I doubt it.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2008, 05:03 PM
any news on this today hun?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2008, 05:17 PM
Unfortunately not, but I have a friend who might know something so I'll ring her later. I couldn't escape again today coz my carer must be stuck in Majorca with that XL collapse (she went with Thompsons )I've left messages at her home, texts and nothing! I couldn't get an agency person in today, which meant I was completely housebound (10 days now and I'm going madder by the minute, I'm desperate to get out..... heeeeeeeelp!)

I'm sure it won't be bad news coz I would have heard something that's for sure, the hot line would have been ringing!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2008, 06:09 PM
I've just been on my village website, and I've e-mailed the lady who runs it and asked if she knows anything, so hopefully she will mail me back with some good news! Finger's crossed, but as I said, if it was bad news I definitely would have heard something. Unfortunately, my friend who is in the know, is away on holiday this week Nobody else would have seen this, they were all at work. It will definitely be in our local paper on Friday that's for sure if anything did happen untoward.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2008, 11:16 AM
Some of you will remember me posting up about that runaway riderless horse careering past my front garden the other day. I couldn't find anything out, and then last night when Shona asked if I knew anything, I sent an e-mail to my local village website.

She has now put this up on the website

QUOTE:

FROM HELEN DADSWELL...."Hi Valerie, Loose horse in the village yesterday lunchtime......I am just wondering if you know anything about the loose horse that cantered past my house in the High Street yesterday around 12 mid-day? I thought it would have gone shooting across the A24 into Roger's Farm, but unfortunately, it turned left and headed south down the A24! I rang the police and somebody else had just phoned them too, but since then I've heard nothing?

I am just hoping the rider and the horse are ok, and also hoping it didn't cause an accident further on down the road!

Can you please put my mind at rest if you know anything at all? Thanks! Regards, Helen"

All I know about this one is...... the frightened horse got shot of its rider on Nepcote Green..... rider tumbled to the ground..... poor horse tore around the Green trying to find an escape route...... presumably at last found the fencing was missing at the eastern side... Convent end (thanks to the Sheep Fair at the weekend)....... and cantered off down to the village...... meanwhile the rider was getting to her feet. I don't know anything more and have heard nothing further.

Does anyone else know what happened?

UNQUOTE

So, hopefully, somebody will see this on the village website and let us know what's going on, so it still might be good news!
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2008, 11:18 AM
Thanks for the update, I really hope the horse is ok, good news the rider is allright though.

Fingers crossed you hear the horse was caught further down the road and is safe and well
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2008, 11:24 AM
thanks for the update, I think no news is good news,, keeping fingers crossed, at least we know the rider is ok
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2008, 11:29 AM
I agree with Shona, if something bad had happened them I am sure you would have heard
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2008, 12:45 PM
Sorry Azz, I don't know how to update it to the old thread?????

Valerie just mailed me again, somebody got in touch about that loose horse, and this has now gone on our village website! I haven't even read it myself yet, so I'm hoping it's good news!!!

QUOTE:
HORSE TALK FROM PAM STEPNEY OF FINDON...."Valerie.... Loose Horse....I can tell you that the horse in question belongs to my hair dresser and I have heard the whole story this morning.

They were coming accross the green on their way home when the horse shied at a man raking up piles of straw left from the sheep fair. The saddle slipped and the rider came off leaving the frightened horse galloping round the green.

She then headed for the gap at the top near the dog bin where she always comes out . The rider shouted to a man near the gap to wave his arms at her but he failed to act and the horse took off down Steep Lane.

A lady in a pale blue car saw what had happened, picked up the rider and followed the horse. Guessing the horse would make her way back to Rogers Farm the rider rang the police as she feared there would be carnage on the A24.

The police never appeared.

As luck would have it the horse turned into the slip road making for the gap where she always crosses the A24 and a man with a pickup truck got hold of her at this point.

My hairdresser would like to know who this man was and also who was the lady with the blue car as she would like to thank them again. At the time she was so concerned about her horse she felt she did not thank them enough.

I have to say that the lovely black mare `May` had a cut on her fetlock which the vet has stapled but apart from a little stiffness she is ok. Her owner also has a few bruises but is so thankful things turned out the way they did.

Pam."
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-09-2008, 12:53 PM
Glad to hear 'May' is Ok and her rider is unhurt. Can't believe that the police never showed up despite several telephone calls from concerned people. If May had got onto the road it would have been a bloodbath, but then again the police have more important things to do I expect, like making sure pensioners don't harrass hoodies or junkies
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >