View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2011, 04:03 PM
In local rescue they've not had a English for as long as at least one person whose worked there has been there, and I don't think anyone else would allow me a rescue rabbit, as I have big mean rabbit eating dogs and house rabbits so unless they know me I doubt a rescue would consider me, but I've heard rabbits come from her who have lived to good old ages, but Nancy died young and suddenly, I haven't heard of anyone else have problems with her, and she recently advertised two of her older boys who she sold and need new homes, as the owner couldn't keep them anymore, her hutches are, the smallest four foot, but the ones she was using when I was there were five, her four feet had problems, couldn't cope with the welsh weather, but tbh only really the mothers and babies were in hutches, everyone else I saw was in runs in the garden with different toys.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2011, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
On that thought you support all the bad in the dog world, you've got dogs from breeders so you support bad breeding, you support those who don't health test, you support those who cheat in dog shows, and the judges who allow politics to influence the outcome, you show, you buy dogs from breeders, and you know what can happen, and according to you they (people who show and breed) can all be judged together, the same as me getting a rabbit from Wales means that I support people who cull rabbits, you getting dogs from breeders and showing means that you support breeders who don't health test, and cheaters, or how about no, thats a straw man arguement, unless you want all dog showing and breeding thought of the same, or can reconigise that there are good and bad, and by going to the good don't mean you support the bad, unless you do support bad breeders etc? Or is it totally different for rabbits and dogs in your mind?
Pointless turning the tables. Im asking you why you support it. I have no issue with what I do, but then I dont come on here all hypocritical and moan about it, do I?

Yes, for me a Rabbit is very different to a dog.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2011, 04:28 PM
I don't support it, but as you buy from breeders, and group all rabbit breeders together Im gonna do the same to dogs, nice to know you support puppy farmers as I apparently support breeders who cull, you show, you know what happens, you suppport the dog theif who took a GSD and her litter out of this house, you buy from breeders and show, you support the same man who breeds border terriers who live in stables, as he shows too, don't get much human contact on a daily basis, but you show the same, so Im grouping you with him, and there is a point in turning tables, as it shows how unthoughtout your point is, you can support the good and condemn the bad in any practice no matter what animal, its easy, you can never agree with everything can you, no matter what animal it is.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2011, 04:33 PM
I don't support it, but as you buy from breeders, and group all rabbit breeders together Im gonna do the same to dogs, nice to know you support puppy farmers as I apparently support breeders who cull, you show, you know what happens, you suppport the dog theif who took a GSD and her litter out of this house, you buy from breeders and show, you support the same man who breeds border terriers who live in stables, as he shows too, don't get much human contact on a daily basis, but you show the same, so Im grouping you with him, and there is a point in turning tables, as it shows how unthoughtout your point is, you can support the good and condemn the bad in any practice no matter what animal, its easy, you can never agree with everything can you, no matter what animal it is.
You can group all dog breeders together if you want to, but Ive not bred any!

As I said to you I have no problem with what I do, but you are the one complaining. If you dont like it, go to a rescue, get a "rabbit" and be happy. Dont buy from breeders who's ethics you dont approve of, and by buying from a breeder that doesnt "cull" dont think you will make any difference to the others that do, because you wont. Likewise unless you are willing to do something yourself, dont moan about it!

No people will never agree but if you feel strongly enough, so something about it.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2011, 04:45 PM
But I've not brought from a breeder whose ethics I don't agree with, but for some reason you think that by buying from a breeder whose ethics I agree with, I'm supporting breeders whose ethics I don't So by that thought by going to any breeder you support puppy farming, its by your logic, so if you think by going to a breeder I think is responsible I support those who I don't it must be the same for you and your dogs, or does that thought actually make no sense, as I don't think it does tbh.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2011, 05:34 PM
But I've not brought from a breeder whose ethics I don't agree with, but for some reason you think that by buying from a breeder whose ethics I agree with, I'm supporting breeders whose ethics I don't So by that thought by going to any breeder you support puppy farming, its by your logic, so if you think by going to a breeder I think is responsible I support those who I don't it must be the same for you and your dogs, or does that thought actually make no sense, as I don't think it does tbh.
You didnt read the post properly.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2011, 05:46 PM
I will moan all I like, I've already taught people round here that you can get more then spotted English, as the people who had heard of the breed thought thats all you could get really, and have put people off buying from this breeder, and I know I should ignore you, you have strange thoughts on lil pets, and some strange ideas anyway, I should feel lucky you've been as polite as you have bout my pets and this thread is quite mild for you, but from now on, as you have said that by buying from good breeders I am supporting the bad, I shall think of you as nothing but a lowly puppy farm supporter, as you can't say that you support the bad by going to the good with rabbits, and not dogs, you must also support the people who allow kittens to have kittens and sell the younsters as you have cats aswell, which I'm presuming you brought from breeders, it can all get turned around, I know I'm not supporting breeders who cull, the evdience is in the patterns of rabbits that I have brought, and I know I've made people aware of what actually naturally occurs in the English, and the people who care more about breeding a doe more in the chance of getting a winner then actually caring about the rabbits they produce.
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2011, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by Kerriebaby View Post
Rabbits and pet shops are very rarely a match made in heaven!
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Do you really think is kinder to offload young onto a pet shop who , probably don't 1) understand the husbandry, (the rabbits could spend mths in an open cage being frightened by all the groping they have to endure, 2) don't care who they sell to.
Not all pet shops are good but equally not all are terrible.

Where I work - yes I have an understanding of rabbits, I have the right to refuse a sale (and do). They must have a good sized cage and all appropriate equipment and demostrate they understand the care and seem good owners. I will not let people hold a rabbit unless they intend to buy as it is stressful for them. We quarantine all rabbits that come in to give them time to settle in. Rabbits rarely stay longer than a week or 2, as we do not get in more than we can sell. Any rabbits that are unwell receive medical treatment. Our store makes a loss on the animals we sell once you factor in treatment, bedding, care etc.. So yes, I think this gives them a better life than putting them to sleep because they are mis-marked.

Also Chaz - just as a note, the PAH support adoption frequently gets in English rabbits, and will rehome to places with dogs providing you are sensible and have proper safe accommodation for the rabbit.
Rabbit rehome also has English rabbits/Crosses http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/searc...mit=++Search++
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2011, 05:52 PM
I will moan all I like, I've already taught people round here that you can get more then spotted English, as the people who had heard of the breed thought thats all you could get really, and have put people off buying from this breeder, and I know I should ignore you, you have strange thoughts on lil pets, and some strange ideas anyway, I should feel lucky you've been as polite as you have bout my pets and this thread is quite mild for you, but from now on, as you have said that by buying from good breeders I am supporting the bad, I shall think of you as nothing but a lowly puppy farm supporter, as you can't say that you support the bad by going to the good with rabbits, and not dogs, you must also support the people who allow kittens to have kittens and sell the younsters as you have cats aswell, which I'm presuming you brought from breeders, it can all get turned around, I know I'm not supporting breeders who cull, the evdience is in the patterns of rabbits that I have brought, and I know I've made people aware of what actually naturally occurs in the English, and the people who care more about breeding a doe more in the chance of getting a winner then actually caring about the rabbits they produce.
You can be as "thoughtful" of me as you choose, your opinion honestly holds no interest for me. Still you cannot moan about breeders who cull rabbits then buy from them and just because they dont, its ok. If your stance was strong enough, you wouldnt buy from breeders full stop would you? You frequently complain about things, and you really do appear to meet a lot of very strange folk when you are out, so I would have imagined that anything you could do would be a good thing, especially given your "strong" feelings. Its an observation not a criticism.

As I said yo you, I have no issue with anything I do, I choose to do it. If you think supporting "some" rabbit breeders is ok, then so be it. You buy from those and slag off the others, as I have said to you I have NEVER bred a dog which you seem to be latching onto when it doesnt exist!
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2011, 06:06 PM
thanks whichpets, and Border I have never or will ever buy from a breeder who culls rabbits, so why do you keep saying that? Get over it, coz its not true.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >