View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2010, 06:09 AM
Blu, your piggies are gorgeous, I had a Misty that looked like yours too, though mine was female... she was a right madam and we got her through a bad mouth infection that would have seen alot of people give up... but with the help of a really great vet, we battled through and gave her another 5 years!! She left us aged 7.5yrs..
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-05-2010, 07:28 AM
Lovely piggies Blu, nice to see another piggy madhouse although I am feeling a little bit like I don't have anywhere near enough
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2010, 07:37 AM
Originally Posted by aliwin View Post
Lovely piggies Blu, nice to see another piggy madhouse although I am feeling a little bit like I don't have anywhere near enough
I think, once you bond your buns, you should get a few more piggies and maybe a chinchilla!! The PM I sent you, she had alot more in last weekend and thats where I am going to collect Hebe bunny... and she has asked if I want to look at the piggies....
Dachshund
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-05-2010, 09:11 AM
You can never have enough piggies, they are like sweets you can't stop at a few
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-05-2010, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
Blu, your piggies are gorgeous, I had a Misty that looked like yours too, though mine was female... she was a right madam and we got her through a bad mouth infection that would have seen alot of people give up... but with the help of a really great vet, we battled through and gave her another 5 years!! She left us aged 7.5yrs..
Funnily enough my Misty had mouth infections most of his life and mouth scabs! People think we are crazy the price we pay for vet bills. They tell us we could get another for 10% of the price but they are part of the family and unless they aren't going to have a good quality of life afterwords we never give up on them.

Originally Posted by aliwin View Post
I always feel like we don't have enough too. Always planning ways to fit in another 1 or 2 Because of that even mum has them in her room now
Dachshund
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-05-2010, 10:01 AM
What fresh food do you feed?
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-05-2010, 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by Dachshund View Post
What fresh food do you feed?
Everything they can eat! Try to limit apple incase it gives them scabs with the acid? in them. Also try and limit carrot, kale, sweet potato and spinach. We look like such healthy shoppers. When Misty got fed beetroot the mouth scabs went away but as soon as he stopped getting it they came back and sometimes he got an infection. Not sure what beetroot has it in but it seemed to work for him.
Dachshund
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-05-2010, 10:13 AM
I'm not sure on the Sweet potato, anything frit wise can be high in acid so I'd be careful over that one.

Mine love Melon, its high in water and not too acidic. I tend to stick to Carrots, Cabbage, Celary, and Cucumber
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-05-2010, 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by Dachshund View Post
I'm not sure on the Sweet potato, anything frit wise can be high in acid so I'd be careful over that one.

Mine love Melon, its high in water and not too acidic. I tend to stick to Carrots, Cabbage, Celary, and Cucumber
They only get the sweet potato if mum buys it for soup. Bit on the high side price wise to buy them it all the time.

Mine love melon too but the girls sit in it and with their long coats it makes a lovely mess!
Dachshund
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-05-2010, 10:23 AM
Yes tell me about it LOL!

Mine get as much fresh grass as I can sit and cut too, they love it!
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >