Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2015, 06:04 PM
Nippy, very pleased to hear you got fish and chips
Lynn, bet you will love peterborough and find a load to do
Sue, good you got the lawn cut and Barry has been good and sharpened your blades
Moyra, hope turning off the Norton has sorted stuff out
TW, been quite nice here too
Thanks all, i am really really annoyed about my mum being put in that situation, i despise bullies and this woman is a bully and they are allowing it to go on...i swear i am gobsmacked
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-11-2015, 06:54 PM
Evening All, Been dry today (surprisingly) but the weather forecast for atop the pennines tomorrow is desperate. 80cms of rain due overnight. Wouldn't mind but the senseless weather wench delivered this stunning piece of news with the widest idiot grin on her face. Local river was bursting it's banks and flooding nearby meadows this morning so goodness knows what it'll be like tomorrow. Will keep the dogs well away from it, although strong swimmers (even little Scout) I feel it would be too much for them if they went plunging in as usual.
Griff - Words fail me with that lot your Mum works for - they are beyond stupid. Given the circumstances I would begin to wonder how much of this is accidental and how much malicious. Certainly someone's head needs to be on the block for it all (if not a few of them).
Moyra - Sadly when it comes to the computermybobs I am just several points worse than useless (as you've probably gathered) so can offer nothing by way of advice but do send my best wishes for a speedy resolution to your electronic predicament.
Oh June - Fancy an intrepid person like your good self, chickening out on the Barton Bridge run. It's only a bit of a breeze - couldn't possibly harm anyone travelling along 600 feet up in the air - or could it! Perhaps the long way round was the more sensible option.
Nippy - lucky you! - Fish and Chips - I got landed with the sensible and healthy salad and fruit for dessert (truth be told I'd have killed for F&C). I have to be good or some snidey boggart or other will report my culinary meanderings to the Mem on her return.
Bye fer now.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2015, 07:05 PM
Awww poor ikkle LG... have you seen those fish and chip biscuits?? we had them when we were kids and they stopped making them, they have now started making them again and they are LUSH!!!!
Totally agree with what you have said on al fronts regarding my mums employers, she is going to be polite if she is spoken to by this individual and that is it...any form of bother and she is logging a complaint immediately, really is a joke, i don't understand how this person keeps getting away with doing this to people and i feel she must have something lacking in her life to behave in such a manner...tomorrow however is another day!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-11-2015, 07:06 PM
LG I'm OK going over in a bog standard car, but having a 4 wd it is a bit higher than an ordinary car and the wind does catch it, no idea how these wagon drivers go on, do not like the wind pushing my car sideways, and there being 600ft between myself and the ground, should I get pushed sideways OVER the bridge, I chickened out.
I've got BBC weather on my phone and its saying dry till about 11 am/12 noon then light rain, then heavy rain in the afternoon, so time to get the girls out and back in before it hits, as its coming from the west, you'll get it after me.
If you don't say you have had fish and chips, no one will know will they, unless The Mem focuses her Stare on you of course, well honed over the years of being wed to you
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2015, 07:46 PM
Aww LG, I would have sent some up to you had I known! They were delish and saved all the bother of cooking.
I had to go to the shop earlier so Brian came with me but walked on further up the road with Peps. She was so happy to be out with her Dad!
Griff this with you Mum isn't doing anyone any good, I hope it is resolved soon.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-11-2015, 07:54 PM
There is always someone about who would delight in grassing me up, June. The flunkies are all in thrall to the Mem and delight in casualy mentioning when I have over stepped the traces. If I had my way they'd all be down the job centre and be replaced by beautiful young creatures (female naturally - nothing odd going on up here!) but as I'm not likely to be getting my way anytime soon, the status quo is certain to be maintained.
As for the "Baleful Stare"..........I shudder at the very thought!!
But - As she's not here currently here!.......LOL....!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-11-2015, 07:59 PM
Soooo nooo chance of you stopping off at a chippy on your walk with the dogs then. Ah well, next time I eat some I'll think of you
Last episode of Lewis tonight
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-11-2015, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I'm OK going over in a bog standard car, but having a 4 wd it is a bit higher than an ordinary car and the wind does catch it
Looked it up on Google maps, OH used to do it every day (Sale to Farnworth) and I've done it quite a few times. Never really liked it but as you say we had a 'normal' Citroen XM which was low and quite good in windy conditions even so I remember the feeling as the wind bufeted the car some days, don't blame you at all for taking the long route, I would have done the same.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-11-2015, 08:21 PM
Watching the Last Kingdom seen the trailers and decided to watch the 1st episode on catch up.
Looking good if a little gory.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-11-2015, 08:36 PM
LOL Harvey, Farnworth is a 10 minute drive from where I live
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >