View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2016, 04:03 PM
When I took Amber out it rained, Hailed and threw everything at us such large hailstones, looked like frozen snow. Well we got through it and now all is quiet now.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-04-2016, 04:07 PM
Bagged and put all bones in the freezer and enough for the next couple of days in the girls fridge draw. Went out, and cleaned up, gave them the scraps from the bottom of the bags that had had the bones in. Came in, chopped up their cod for their tea, veg, cottage cheese and low fat yogurt with it. All of a sudden it went very dark and had to put the kitchen light on.Checked outside and it was like snowy hail coming down, traffic jam at the door of the big kennel, all trying to get in at once and Kesh and Zen were like snowgirls. Ran out and shut the top doors, Mabs in the little kennel already, the other two got in the big house and peered out anxiously wondering what on earth just happenedIts stopped now, and brightened up
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2016, 05:15 PM
Moyra, there is a plant you can buy that cats hate, and a supersoaker water pistol...good range, lots of power behind it but no harm to the cat long term. I do have a cat and he did kill a few mice and fetched back a live pigeon once, after throwing water on him a good few times he learnt killing was bad, as for doing his business, he always did it in my front garden or my neighbours and if i saw him i used to go and pick it up.oooooo nearly forgot, wilko do some repellent granules for a couple of quid, i have them in my borders and it has solved the issue so far
TW, pleased you have bones
Mandy and Brenda, my asian neighbour asked me if my neighbours were moving as he has cleard the garage out...if they go the next lot will be the 5th lot since we have lived here..it isn't us that are an issue as my asian neighbour has no complaints, i think he is clearing the garage out to get the little sh*t a car
Sue, hope you don't get any water coming through with the rain and hail we have had!!
Blood taken, the lady turned round and said "gosh aren't they small" about my veins...first time i have ever had that one!! she used a butterfly on me and missed and then put it back in...it hurt!! saw mums friend who was in hospital last week, she has a cough, sickness and the squits...hope i don't get it. My decking has arrived, looks good for £33...need some dry weather now
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2016, 05:31 PM
Well after the snow, hail and bullits that came down this afternoon am going to call it a day and take myself off to a nice clean bed. I have had enough of faceache today to last me so sooner I call it a day the sooner I am away from him. Have a good evening all, God bless. night night all.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-04-2016, 05:38 PM
Nite Moyra, back to normal then eh. I forgot about that plant, although I have also read that it doesn't deter cats. I never catch the bluddy things doing their business, just see all my new plants dug up If I caught it, then it wouldn't forget the experience thats for sure.
Griff, sorry to hear the blood letting wasn't good, hoping the results of it are a lot better.
Hoping this winter weather goes somewhere else, back to the Arctic maybe, and we get some lovely dry sunny weather for a very long time.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

26-04-2016, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Hoping this winter weather goes somewhere else, back to the Arctic maybe, and we get some lovely dry sunny weather for a very long time.
You and me both

Today we've had snow, hail, rain, bitingly cold wind and heavy cloudy and mist, so even on the few minutes there was a bit of sun it was still cold. I still wear my wolly hat on walks

It's beginning to annoy me now but despite all this late winter weather I'm pleased to report that the gooseberry bush OH bought for £2 is doing well, we might even get a few gooseberries off it this year, no sign of any babies 'tho
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-04-2016, 09:01 PM
Bitter cold here tonight, can't wait to get into a hot bath and have a lovely long soak
Can just imagine the trouble you'd be in IF there were any babies found under your gooseberry bush, Harvey
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2016, 09:21 PM
We have had all the weather too..it is rthat cold tonight I can see my breath!!!!
Lol Harvey that would be a shocker lol
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

26-04-2016, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
..it is that cold tonight I can see my breath!!!!
I noticed that too, it's not right we are nearly in May, what are all these global warming characters going on about, it ain't 'warming' around here

I had to quickly skim over your description of the blood extractions but I'm pleased it all went well in the end and I do hope the results are good, I was thinking that you must know more about your condition than some of the staff in the hospital.

Have a good night all, see you soon
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2016, 10:24 PM
I hope summer is a good one this year to make up for all this horrid weather!!!
I am quite rare Harvey, my GP had to get online to learn about it and regularly gets her books out if I go with a freaky symptom, the other 2 Dr s are clueless and if I go to A&E they bleep my consultant to come up and see to me, when iwas in hospital all the students came to see me and I have had a paper written on me!!
Right, I am going to try and get some sleep
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >