View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-11-2006, 08:19 PM
No advice sorry but glad to hear she is on the mend.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-11-2006, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by benimseker View Post
Hello to all those people that gave me support when i most needed it. Seker pulled through the operation (well two operations) and is on her way to recovery.

Later after the 1st operation we discovered that her bladder had errupted and so she needed yet another operation on that

I am slightly worried about two things which i wonder if anyone can help me out with?

The vet has left ever such a small hole after the op which she said will help drain away all the bad stuff (will this ever close up)

Also she has not used any movement for the past 3 weeks and i am worried that her muscles and bones will seize up due to non movement? we are going to do physio on her in the next 10 days when she has her splint and bandages off so fingers crossed that will help

One last question, will this accident affect the personality or character of a dog? im worried as she is definitely not her self, understandable after what she has been through.

Thanks once again to everyone
Laura
Hello Laura that is just the best news! I am so pleased Seker made it..

I will try to answer your questions, yes the drain site should heal just fine, better for any fluid to drain out rather than build up inside..

The lack of movement shouldn't be a problem, Seker needs time for the healing to begin/pain to decrease before she starts to move very much. I hope you are managing ok to keep her clean, I know it can be really hard .

As to the last question, dogs are very resilient, Seker has had a really bad shock as well as all her physical injuries but she is young and providing she did not sustain any brain injuries and is free of pain Seker should bounce back. It may take a time particularly if she has to have another operation on the bladder.

Laura I would be most grateful if you could keep us updated on Sekers progress..my best wishes for a continued recovery
benimseker
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-11-2006, 07:16 AM
Morning all Thanks again for all your lovely kind messages i have never come across such a great site. The vet has been coming every day to gie seker her injections and she has said that around 9 days later she will take off her bandages and splint and we will get her to start walking, she said she will use a method of hot and cold water to get the muscles working again (im really looking forward to being able to help out with this)
Seker also has made progress with leaps and bounds as she is eating now (chicken which she loves) and drinking again.

I live in Turkey, and the vet who looks after seker is amazing with her and very helpful, so it puts my mind at rest to know she is in safe hands.

Cleaning is slightly a hard task, but i am managing well so far as she says that she is healing just well.

Will try to add a pic on my profile so you can see just how sweet she is!

Laura
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2006, 08:22 AM
That is such good news!!!

Fingers crossed that when the bandages and splint come off then Seker will continue to improve. She looks such a sweet pup.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2006, 09:35 AM
Hello again, and thanks for the update on Seker. Delighted that the surgery has gone well, and your little girl is now on the road to recovery - wishing you all the very best and Seker a full recovery x
Petstalk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2006, 09:40 AM
Wishing you all the very best and Seker a full recovery x
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-11-2006, 09:53 AM
Hi Laura it's all sounding very positive and the fact that Seker is eating is very good too ...
If you wish to post photographs this is how..

Posting pictures Click here

I am sure we would all love to see some
benimseker
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-11-2006, 08:53 AM
Hello all, thought i would post an update on seker. Well to everyones amazement she is up and walking around, anyone to see her would never know she just had two life threatning operations! Our vet just can believe it either, she thought it might take her around 10 months to be able to walk so she has suprised everyone. The only thing now that i would say is slightly odd is that she isnt eating as much now that she is up and about? any ideas as to why this might be?
Thanks
Laura
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2006, 09:56 AM
Oh wow. so glad everythings ok Laura!!!!

Yuo are really really lucky
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2006, 10:40 AM
Some how totally missed this thread before but am so pleased to hear how well she's doing she's obviously a little fighter! I dont know about the eating less but expect someone who can help more will be along soon!
Look forward to pics of Seker up on her feet again!
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >