Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-11-2010, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by Adam Palmer View Post
Sorry don't know anyone from slough.

I suspect she looked in occasionally for recall advice and saw the variouse threads discussing e collars and the links provided and drew her own conclusions.

Adam
And pigs might fly
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2010, 07:15 PM
I don't deal in e collars, I will sell one onto a client occasionally.

I think Xaedea exprience is pretty common. Both of e collars and of the forum. They fixed a problem with an e collar that has improved the dogs life and presumably theres. They come on here and are called all manner of things and decied dogsey isn't worth the effort and leave.

I think people need to realise that just because a few people on a forum believe something doesn't mean the majority of the world does too!

Btw well done Xaedea for sorting your dog out.

Adam
Hardley it was the first post she posted
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2010, 07:30 PM
I think one of the saddest things I have seen was on E-bay recently. I was looking for something entirely different, and just out of curiosity did a search for used e-collars in the UK.

I only looked at a few and read through the blurb, but saw the sellers had included comments such as "Used it on our Malamute, worked great!" and "Sorted out my demented lurcher."

Only ONE of the sellers put in a warning that it should not be used on nervous or aggressive dogs, and none of them added any kind of caveat about consulting a professional trainer.

I think there are far more people out there buying these things and using them without advice or supervision, than we imagine.
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2010, 07:39 PM
What I'd like to know is if e-collars are so great (according to the 2 posters on here who think they are), why have they been banned in Wales?
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2010, 09:57 PM
Was the first one to show how Jacca plays with the other dogs? Because if it is, thats how all JRT's play (those that havent been zapped anyway)

And the second one, Sadie can go in a field of sheep/cows without a lead on (although I keep her on considering it's the law) and she'll not bother them? And I havent used an e-collar.

Dont quite know what you were trying to prove really - alternative methods work better and the dogs look happier
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

13-11-2010, 10:20 PM
Tupac

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bqyg1uDzWXc

Whats your point????????
Ben

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB3feVQlAhk

Dogs on private land with sheep, need to be kept on lead.. unless you want them shot by farmer

Jacca heeling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKee0rTjZ2U

Adam
Whats your point!!
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2010, 10:27 PM
Errm, yes v nice your dogs can be trusted around sheep, but does the farmer who sees 3 offlead dogs THAT close to his sheep know that?
Also the sheep are still being stressed but you and your dogs being so close to them, this can still cause a ewe to abort

I am sure I COULD train dogs to be trusted in those situations, but much easier to follow the law and clip a lead on as you walk tru the field
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

13-11-2010, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Errm, yes v nice your dogs can be trusted around sheep, but does the farmer who sees 3 offlead dogs THAT close to his sheep know that?
Also the sheep are still being stressed but you and your dogs being so close to them, this can still cause a ewe to abort

I am sure I COULD train dogs to be trusted in those situations, but much easier to follow the law and clip a lead on as you walk tru the field
Yep, but that would not help promote e.collars
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2010, 10:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB3feVQlAhk
Well there is a thread running concurrently on here about livestock in fields versus dog walkers... It can be done without electric shocking the dogs... heck I am in a place where I have to face rampaging cows and fields full of sheep on a daily basis.... stim collars aren't even coming into it unless they are on the cows.
Closed Thread
Page 29 of 98 « First < 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 39 79 > Last »