Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2010, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by Adam Palmer View Post
I don't deal in e collars, I will sell one onto a client occasionally.

I think Xaedea exprience is pretty common. Both of e collars and of the forum. They fixed a problem with an e collar that has improved the dogs life and presumably theres. They come on here and are called all manner of things and decied dogsey isn't worth the effort and leave.

I think people need to realise that just because a few people on a forum believe something doesn't mean the majority of the world does too!

Btw well done Xaedea for sorting your dog out.

Adam
thankfully!!!!

hasn't sorted nowt with a teenager and to be fair...sounds to me she has no time or patience for a dog

...just waiting till you decide were not worth the effort too

oh and xaedea..... i can access my comp from work and my phone...get a life dont insult people that care unlike yourself.....rehome ur poor dog then u can spend as much time at work as you like and no torturing of animals in the process
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

13-11-2010, 01:43 PM
Just to clients I work with.
I'm actually pretty rubbish at selling e collars and making money on them. Two recent examples.
18month labrador, bad recall, been on long line for as long as they'd owned him, really nice dog and commited owner but just no progress with the normal stuff, did a session with my own e collar, by the end of the session the dog wa soff lead in woods (that he disappeared in normally) and recalled off a rabbit. I advised the owners not to buy the e collar I used at the time and gave them the details of a company that sells one I advised they used (not affliated to me btw) They brought a collar and we did another session a week later with similar results!

14 month collie x, chasing sheep generally not recalling and bit ott. Owner thinking of rehome. Did a few sessions with e collar and then relaised they had no money and couldn't afford to buy it off me, so gave them an old one that still works great but isn't very pretty!

Dog now not going anywhere!

Adam
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2010, 01:51 PM
I'm actually pretty rubbish at selling e collars and making money on them. Two recent examples.
18month labrador, bad recall, been on long line for as long as they'd owned him, really nice dog and commited owner but just no progress with the normal stuff, did a session with my own e collar, by the end of the session the dog wa soff lead in woods (that he disappeared in normally) and recalled off a rabbit. I advised the owners not to buy the e collar I used at the time and gave them the details of a company that sells one I advised they used (not affliated to me btw) They brought a collar and we did another session a week later with similar results!

14 month collie x, chasing sheep generally not recalling and bit ott. Owner thinking of rehome. Did a few sessions with e collar and then relaised they had no money and couldn't afford to buy it off me, so gave them an old one that still works great but isn't very pretty!

Adam
Ok, fair enough so you're not a salesman.

Now your lady friend from Slough with the Doodle. The way she suddenly popped has raised a few eyebrows. Do you care to shed any light on that?
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2010, 01:53 PM

Adam
shame...best thing for both would be rehome imo.

both adolescents sad
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

13-11-2010, 02:09 PM
Sorry don't know anyone from slough.

I suspect she looked in occasionally for recall advice and saw the variouse threads discussing e collars and the links provided and drew her own conclusions.

Adam
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2010, 02:21 PM

I suspect she looked in occasionally for recall advice and saw the variouse threads discussing e collars and the links provided and drew her own conclusions.

Adam

But she only joined the forum in November 2010, and her first post was yesterday in this thread. Being such a busy, working person, how did she know about this thread on this forum and that you were coming under pressure and needed some support? Telepathy?
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2010, 03:15 PM

Adam
Ermm wouldnt it be safer to have a 14 month collie c ON A LEAD at all times around sheep, not only does it solve the problem without being zapped but it totaly removes the risk of a farmer shooting an offlead dog around his sheep
Yes a 14 month old collie x in the hands of owners who dont even have the brains to clip a lead on around sheep IS going to be a bit OTT - its like giving a F1 car to a 17 year old as a 'just passed your test' gift
I would have thought especially for those people you should have taught them how to engage the dogs brain, because they are going to have lots of problems if they dont learn how to think like a collie and train for one. Either that or they will have lots of zapping to be doing poor dog

Adam
Do you not find that scary and irresponsable that YOUR posts ment a total stranger got themselves an e-collar and with NO guidance strapped it onto their dog??
I try and always make sure that the worst any dog can suffer from any of my advice online is they might get some free roast chicken
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2010, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Do you not find that scary and irresponsable that YOUR posts ment a total stranger got themselves an e-collar and with NO guidance strapped it onto their dog??
I try and always make sure that the worst any dog can suffer from any of my advice online is they might get some free roast chicken
Well said!!!!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-11-2010, 03:43 PM
I don't deal in e collars,
Adam
Adam as far as I am concerned you are an e collar salesman if not literally then metaphorically speaking because you sell the concept of using an e collar to owners irrespective of whether or not there are more appropriate methods of training or the stress, discomfort or latent behavioural problems they may cause to the dogs on which they are used. I have seen you do it on this site.

Adam
I wouldn't be too sure about that not 'in person' maybe .
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2010, 04:35 PM
I don't deal in e collars, I will sell one onto a client occasionally.

I think Xaedea exprience is pretty common. Both of e collars and of the forum. They fixed a problem with an e collar that has improved the dogs life and presumably theres. They come on here and are called all manner of things and decied dogsey isn't worth the effort and leave.

No often when people hvae things pointed out to them they do not want to see they will ignore or walkaway from the person (or people) trying to point that out

I think people need to realise that just because a few people on a forum believe something doesn't mean the majority of the world does too!

Btw well done Xaedea for sorting your dog out.

Adam
No - the key is in the wording....people who want to further thier knowledge and find nice ways of dealing with problems are the ones who stick around....sadly I do feel that you are right in that the majority of people would just want the issue solved and hang the consequences to the dog. Its a sad world.
Closed Thread
Page 28 of 98 « First < 18 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 38 78 > Last »