Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-04-2011, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Lost??? They send them away don't they? They did with mine even though it's a big hospital where they probably have facilities, they send them away and it takes 5 days. Can't remember if it's been 5 days for you and don't forget the week-end, nothing ever gets done then!

Glad to hear she's eating so very well, that must be putting your mind at rest. If it was campylobacter (sp?) then the large amounts of ab's would have sorted that out, I would have thought, but don't quote me on that!

At least she's improving, greatly, if she's eating this well, so she can only go from strength to strength now, I really hope and pray for you Spotty. I don't know what's going on with the water with Lady, that's another battle in itself isn't it, I'm sure she had a lot going on, but the fact that she's been eating means she is feeling better in herself. Good luck with her Spotty, I really feel for you with all you've been through. Are the others doing ok now, coz they were on and off with this weren't they? I hope Tanya is good now.
Yeah they do send them away but this has happened before ,the lab lost a previous sample and my vet phoned them up ,we had to take another sample down ,free of charge of cousre but that time she did have campylobacter
and because the lab lost the test it took longer to get rid of it because the vet didnt know what it was so he couldnt treat her untill the results came back ,this time in the last few days he has put her on baytril as she cant tolerate the
Erythromycin ,so at least she is been treated for it ,but we got to give it one more day and then call the vet back to see if the lab has lost them again
Yeah i am soo pleased she is eating now ,she has been sick a few times today but i not too concerned cause i know abs can affect the tummy sometimes .
we bought her a sqeeky toy today and she went silly with it so she really seems to be coming round ,just she is now puzzling everyone with her urine problems
as soon as i hear from the vets you will be the first to know thankyou everyone

The vet said he thinks it was monday when he sent it off ,but he is going to re check
Tanya and duke are back to there normal self again ,dukes "man" infection has cleared up ,he is still a little lame cause he has hd but a little rest and he will be fine ,tanya is doing really well ,no bowel problems no sickness ,she is just constantly itching so her steroids may need once again upping ,but other than that they are really well ,Thanks Helena
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-04-2011, 03:10 PM
Now this is silly ,when i phoned the vets this morning about lady results ,they said they hadnt got them and my vet was looking into it .
now i just phoned back up and they saying they got them on saturday
and its now tuesday and no one has called me
And now they said my vet will call me tonight .
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 03:35 PM
Sounds as if they need to get themselves sorted. Hope you have a moan but also hope the results are good - at least they have them now
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 03:54 PM
don't be surprised with that quite honestly, coz the very same thing happened with me, when I rang for my results! That's why mine took the whole 5 days, which I was told by the receptionist when they weren't back, and yet 5 days later, voila, there they were and had been within 3 even though I'd rang on that 3rd day! I hope they come back negative quite honestly, coz she really does seem to have perked herself up doesn't she, just that water problem now to sort out then!xxx
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 04:24 PM
Oh my goodness. You poor poor thing.
I have just read through this whole post and held my breath the whole way hoping it would be ok in the end.
I know she is not out of the woods but I am so glad that she has perked up.
Hopefully the test will give you some more hope for your beautiful girl.
I loved the pics of her in the woods.
She is so cute bless her.
Big hugs that she continues to feel better xx
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-04-2011, 04:46 PM
Thankyou everyone
just got a call from the vets all clear no campy
so next step is tomorrow back to vets for a shap test ,she will be in there for a few hours ,will get them results back on thursday hopefully
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-04-2011, 03:41 PM
She is back home now all safe and sound but a little sore from the blood test again ,we should know the results tomorrow .
i bought some footballs today and lady really had a good time for 10 mins ,she got tired pretty quick ,but really enjoyed herself and that was amazing to see.

Some pics for you all

Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2011, 03:49 PM
Oh bless her. It's great to see them all playing and having fun.

Fingers crossed for some good news for you tomorrow xx
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2011, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by spottydoggy View Post
She is back home now all safe and sound but a little sore from the blood test again ,we should know the results tomorrow .
i bought some footballs today and lady really had a good time for 10 mins ,she got tired pretty quick ,but really enjoyed herself and that was amazing to see.

Some pics for you all

What lovely pictures!! Thank you so much for sharing.

Lady is SO sweet, what a little doll she is
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2011, 06:11 PM
It's lovely to see Lady looking so much better and long may it continue. She has you to thank for that and couldn't wish for a better owner. Hope the test results are ok and she continues to improve.
Page 28 of 29 « First < 18 25 26 27 28 29 >