Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by spottydoggy View Post
Hey guys sorry i havent updated in a while been having some problems .
Still not got the bowel sample back yet so we cant move onto the next stage of testing for cushings again , she is eating more now which is AMAZING but her urine is still very dilute , i am trying to get her out as much as i can so the fresh air might do her some good .
She has started with sickness again this morning so had to go back down to the vets for some antepsin
Will let you know when the bowel test comes back and if she gets anyworse .
Thanks guys
More fingers and legs crossed Spotty - my boys send encouraging wuffs to Lady and big wet licky kisses xx
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-04-2011, 06:13 PM
Hey guys some really good news for you all
lady is coming round she is eating really well now ,barking at postman she even had a little play with her sqeeky egg today ,WHOA YEAH
still waiting for her tests and she is still having problems weeing but she is more like her normal grumpy self
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 07:11 PM
That's great news
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 07:27 AM
Originally Posted by spottydoggy View Post
Hey guys some really good news for you all
lady is coming round she is eating really well now ,barking at postman she even had a little play with her sqeeky egg today ,WHOA YEAH
still waiting for her tests and she is still having problems weeing but she is more like her normal grumpy self
That IS good news, but still keeping everything crossed for you both. Bet you never thought you would be PLEASED when your dog barked at the postman!!
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-04-2011, 02:28 PM
Thanks so much guys ,i will keep you informed on how she is doing ,sorry i havent been on in a while ,
its difficult at the moment .
but still waiting for bowel results going to chase them later
wendyg1975
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-04-2011, 02:59 PM
Oh hun bless you ( must be so hard....

ls there a slght chance that they could all at some tlme be harbourlng the same bug or somethlng? bless you all.

hope lt all gets sorted out soon l really feel for you.

sendlng many hugs and lcks from me and archle your ln our thoughts xxx

take care x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 05:19 PM
Oh Spotty, so glad to be reading some good news at last from you with dear little Lady.

I just wanted to mention something my vet told me this morning, and he's the "top" man at my RCVS Hospital I go to. Zena had the squits on Saturday again, the orange poo, then water but then normal poo's on Sunday and today, so I just had to ask him about all of this. He told me lots of doglets suffer with bowel problems and the very best advice he can give me is to give them a teaspoonful of OATbran in their food twice a day. He told me he has cured many a dog by giving that advice and he feeds his own dogs oatbran on a daily basis. He also recommends the numerous probiotics out there, especially the veterinary ones, put a 5 ml teaspoonful in one meal a day and it will keep the gut topped up with the good bacteria, so in effect, giving the bad bacteria less chance to cling on!

Hope that helps and good luck with Lady.xxxx
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-04-2011, 07:59 AM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
That IS good news, but still keeping everything crossed for you both. Bet you never thought you would be PLEASED when your dog barked at the postman!!
Yeah it was such a relief when she did that
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-04-2011, 08:06 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Oh Spotty, so glad to be reading some good news at last from you with dear little Lady.

I just wanted to mention something my vet told me this morning, and he's the "top" man at my RCVS Hospital I go to. Zena had the squits on Saturday again, the orange poo, then water but then normal poo's on Sunday and today, so I just had to ask him about all of this. He told me lots of doglets suffer with bowel problems and the very best advice he can give me is to give them a teaspoonful of OATbran in their food twice a day. He told me he has cured many a dog by giving that advice and he feeds his own dogs oatbran on a daily basis. He also recommends the numerous probiotics out there, especially the veterinary ones, put a 5 ml teaspoonful in one meal a day and it will keep the gut topped up with the good bacteria, so in effect, giving the bad bacteria less chance to cling on!

Hope that helps and good luck with Lady.xxxx
Thanks Helena ,i have started her on some acidophilus
i hope that helps a bit ,he new allergy meds the piriteze is working really well at the moment ,she seems to be able to breath better now ,she has eaten 4 small meals yesterday and some breakfast this morning ,
i getting a bit angry now cause it looks like her bowel test results have been lost again , this has happened before in the past and its one thing we dont need cause if she does have campy then she is going to spread it around untill she is treated ,so i going to phone my vet again later today and try and find the results .
She is still weeing quite dilte but untill her bowel test comes back vet says he cant do the shap test .
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 12:12 PM
Lost??? They send them away don't they? They did with mine even though it's a big hospital where they probably have facilities, they send them away and it takes 5 days. Can't remember if it's been 5 days for you and don't forget the week-end, nothing ever gets done then!

Glad to hear she's eating so very well, that must be putting your mind at rest. If it was campylobacter (sp?) then the large amounts of ab's would have sorted that out, I would have thought, but don't quote me on that!

At least she's improving, greatly, if she's eating this well, so she can only go from strength to strength now, I really hope and pray for you Spotty. I don't know what's going on with the water with Lady, that's another battle in itself isn't it, I'm sure she had a lot going on, but the fact that she's been eating means she is feeling better in herself. Good luck with her Spotty, I really feel for you with all you've been through. Are the others doing ok now, coz they were on and off with this weren't they? I hope Tanya is good now.
Page 27 of 29 « First < 17 24 25 26 27 28 29 >