Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2009, 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by jackiew View Post
Hev soz to hear you are having a rough time

i am back from Italy but gotta go to Essex as my son is poorly and Sam is in hospital

but i promise as soon as i get back we will get together as planned ok

keep your chin up hun
xxx
Have PM'd you Jackie Hope the kids are ok!
Not what you need at the moment!
Yep, we are long over due for a get together!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2009, 09:55 PM

Ignore the Trolls Hevvur, and get well VERY soon.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2009, 05:20 AM
Hope today is a good day for you, honey

Huge hugs x0x0x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-07-2009, 06:04 AM
Hi Hev not been on much lately hopping on and off so have just caught up with your latest posts.

Sorry to hear you had all that trouble with the picc line didn't look at the pictures. Glad to hear it is out now, our Neighbour who was a young lad had a Hickman line put in and he got around really well and seemed to suffer no bad effects with it hope this works better for you.

Think I can begin to understand about the effects of chemo and losing your hair as my Sister went through this recently her hair is now back but she is back to the Hospital later this month and hoping she doesn't have to go through chemo again, I know how it gets you down having seen it first hand.

Glad top read you are feeling better and that the day centre was nice and you enjoyed it. Have seen the thread that Azz has locked so was unable to post what I felt on it, but just to say we are all rooting for you and take no notice of people like him, he obviously has nothing better to do with his time.

(((Hugs))) keep the positive thinking up.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2009, 08:21 AM
Hey everyone, just thought I would update you all.
I went to see the psychologist last Monday, and she was lovely.
She says i'm handling the illness really well, and all I need help with is my tablet taking. I'll be seeing her every 3 weeks (at the hospice where I go to day care), for cognitive therapy, as she says I have a phobia - which is true now I think about it!

Daycare on Thursday was good, I had my hair cut a little shorter (it's just above my shoulders now), as it's still falling out, I had some reflexology, I made a card for my Mum, and made some more friends!

Yesterday I went to my shop for an hour, did the orders, then we met Steves parents in Blackpool - luckily it didn't rain! Got home about 6:30pm though, and I was totally knackered - slept till 9pm!

I'm at Christies on Wednesday, to see the STC doctor....I think i'll be having my cells harvested after the 3rd or 4th treatment.

Chemo number 3 is a week tomrrow - I'll be having my hickman/central line put in that morning!

All in all, i've had a good 2 weeks.......no depression, and not really many side effects!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2009, 08:24 AM
That's brilliant news! Is your tablet taking problem with regards to swallowing pills as it took me years to learn to do that! I think I had more than a few 'issues' about tablet taking as a child! I still, to this day, cannot eat lumpy soups!
Becky
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2009, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the update, Hev. You sound much more "up" at the moment, which is brilliant.

Hope all goes well with the Hickman, hon

Huge hugs, as always x0x0x
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2009, 08:27 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
That's brilliant news! Is your tablet taking problem with regards to swallowing pills as it took me years to learn to do that! I think I had more than a few 'issues' about tablet taking as a child! I still, to this day, cannot eat lumpy soups!
Becky
I'm not 100% sure what it is to be honest! I even find it hard to think about taking tablets!
I start to gag before I even get it in my mouth, and I feel sick, and even when i've swollowed it I continue to gag, I get the shakes too!
It's not just tablets though......it's the same with liquid medicines!

The psychologist says she thinks she can help though!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2009, 08:28 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Thanks for the update, Hev. You sound much more "up" at the moment, which is brilliant.

Hope all goes well with the Hickman, hon

Huge hugs, as always x0x0x
Thanks Vicki
I am deffinately more up at the moment!
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2009, 08:31 AM
Delighted to hear you're handling it all well.
Fingers crossed they can help with the tablet taking.
xx *hugs* xx
Page 26 of 70 « First < 16 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 36 > Last »