Female 

15-02-2012, 08:41 PM
So sorry H, RIP Georgie xxxxxx
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2012, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by magpye View Post
It has taken me a while to get used to the places where Selkie isn't anymore. ...

My friends think I'm mad, but you will understand I think... I bought a sheepskin rug. A big white fluffy one... Sometimes I put it on the floor at the end of my bed, sometimes at the top of the stairs where Selkie used to lie... Just having that big white fluffy rug is enough to have a place in the house where I can stand and feel her with me, or pat and smile at a fleeting memory of her. Pharaoh has taken to sleeping on it. So it will hold both memories now when he leaves me too.

I still dream of her... Sometimes I dream that she woke up again at the vets after I had gone and was lost... Those dreams are the worst now. The ones where I can't find her, but I know she's looking for me, lost and alone. The guilt has all but faded. I know I did right by her. I know it was her time and that the last few months were more about me needing to have time to say good bye than her enjoying her life. The worst guilt hits now when something happens and a thought comes unbidden "you could never have done this if Selkie were still with us." Then I feel a wave of guilt, or rage if it was said by someone else... I would put up with all the inconvenience and smell and noise in the world if I could have had just one more day with my happy shining smiling girl.

Oh Helena...

It does get better

But it never goes away.

Huge hugs to you all...
Aww Magpye - that is so sad but so lovely as well. It goes to show just how much your Selkie meant to you.

I have some similar disturbing dreams about my Sharna and especially more recently Moss every now and then too. A strange part of me enjoys the pain as it reminds me just what huge personalities they both were in my life and just how much I miss them both.

Hugs to you too xxx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2012, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by magpye View Post
It has taken me a while to get used to the places where Selkie isn't anymore. ...

My friends think I'm mad, but you will understand I think... I bought a sheepskin rug. A big white fluffy one... Sometimes I put it on the floor at the end of my bed, sometimes at the top of the stairs where Selkie used to lie... Just having that big white fluffy rug is enough to have a place in the house where I can stand and feel her with me, or pat and smile at a fleeting memory of her. Pharaoh has taken to sleeping on it. So it will hold both memories now when he leaves me too.

I still dream of her... Sometimes I dream that she woke up again at the vets after I had gone and was lost... Those dreams are the worst now. The ones where I can't find her, but I know she's looking for me, lost and alone. The guilt has all but faded. I know I did right by her. I know it was her time and that the last few months were more about me needing to have time to say good bye than her enjoying her life. The worst guilt hits now when something happens and a thought comes unbidden "you could never have done this if Selkie were still with us." Then I feel a wave of guilt, or rage if it was said by someone else... I would put up with all the inconvenience and smell and noise in the world if I could have had just one more day with my happy shining smiling girl.

Oh Helena...

It does get better

But it never goes away.

Huge hugs to you all...
Awww. Big hugs for you.
xxx
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2012, 09:49 PM
Ohhh, H, I'm so very sorry that the day came.....but you did as you always have and thought of Georgie first...you did the very best for him although it broke your heart. My thoughts are with you and Dave and Zena x

Run free Georgie boy.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2012, 09:52 PM
Run free Georgie boy!
and magpye, that brought quite a tear to my eye, your girl is always with you but I think that is a sweet idea
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2012, 10:56 PM
Sorry I missed this, light to you all and to Georgie.

Magpye, I lost a dog to a road accident once and I use to dream that he came alive at the vets and they rang me to tell me. It was worse after we got another dog , stupidly I used to worry about how they would get on when Gimli came back to me.

I said I would never allow myself to love another dog that much.

rune
SibeVibe
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-02-2012, 11:05 PM
So sorry to hear this. Heartbreaking.

Run free handsome lad.

Georgie has been here since I joined Dogsey. I have a candle lit for this wonderful boy.

Look after yourselves and take care.

Seoniad.
Page 25 of 31 « First < 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 > Last »