Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-01-2012, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
sorry, but I don't buy into that at all.

Old dogs have a different outlook on life. They may not skip about chasing after balls any more, but to suggest that a slower, older dog has no quality of life is ridiculous.

What would you suggest, put every dog who likes to potter around on walks and is happy with life down simply because they can't goof around as they did when puppies??

I cant see where I suggested an older /slower dog has not quality of life, far from it,

Old does not mean healthy.. an old dog should still have quality of life, and for me that being able to walk at a relaxed pace , and look like they still enjoy it.

I hate to see old dogs with no light left in them, struggling to walk more than two steps at a time.

It was suggested that breeders should be breeding for longevity above all else, that is not enough hence my post.

Originally Posted by rune View Post
Thats awful----what are you suggesting? That we shouldn't bother about dogs living a long time because they won't enjoy their old age?

DUH!

rune
DUH!!!!!

See above,
oleary
Dogsey Junior
Male 

01-01-2012, 08:57 PM
I can see what you are getting at, but, on the other hand, would you feel any better if these things weren't discussed and the many issues that affect dog health and well-being were swept under the carpet?
I think some people cant help them selfs so who is going to help them the dogs do you think for one min that dogs are sitting around a table waiting for email on how act no I don't think so. So less chat and More action.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2012, 09:03 PM
I would feel better if I thought that it was more about the dogs, and less about politics, right now it seems that people would argue that a white wall is black, just so they don't have to admit that another person is right, personal issues should be taken out, and things should be looked at neuterally, otherwise nowt is gonna happen, and when someone does have to admit they were wrong/another person was right, all too often it seems to come with a but, or a back track, its why I'm using this forum less, apart from having no time lately, it seems you can read a thread, and know who will say what, who will go agaisnt who, and will with be on the same side as who, and who will sit in the middle, and after being part of it before, now I just read it, and can't be bothered, I've still not read all the thread, but what I have read is just so simalar to other threads that have happened in the past, and no matter how many debates happen, it seems the dogs don't see a benefit to it, unless its a debate that is happening between big names, which again seems to smack of politics, with a agenda behind most of the words said.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

01-01-2012, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
I would feel better if I thought that it was more about the dogs, and less about politics, right now it seems that people would argue that a white wall is black, just so they don't have to admit that another person is right, personal issues should be taken out, and things should be looked at neuterally, otherwise nowt is gonna happen, and when someone does have to admit they were wrong/another person was right, all too often it seems to come with a but, or a back track, its why I'm using this forum less, apart from having no time lately, it seems you can read a thread, and know who will say what, who will go agaisnt who, and will with be on the same side as who, and who will sit in the middle, and after being part of it before, now I just read it, and can't be bothered, I've still not read all the thread, but what I have read is just so simalar to other threads that have happened in the past, and no matter how many debates happen, it seems the dogs don't see a benefit to it, unless its a debate that is happening between big names, which again seems to smack of politics, with a agenda behind most of the words said.
Its a fact of life, that people hold views different to others, no matter which side of the fence you sit on.

You are not going to get people to forgo their stance on a subject because someone feels the topic should stay on neutral ground.

You hold some pretty biased views yourself, and you are never afraid to voice them, so why would you expect others to do as you don`t.

Its a bit of a do as I say, and not as I do thread from you I think on this.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2012, 09:16 PM
I know I've been part of it before JB, and know I really do look back and think of all the things I could of been doing, rather then getting sucked in, and when I come back, and read things like this I wonder why I bother, its all been hot air, as so much has come of nothing, when I could actually be doing summat that I might be able to look back on, and think of as a good thing, anyway, this thread has made my mind up on summat, so that may be a good thing.
oleary
Dogsey Junior
Male 

01-01-2012, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Its a fact of life, that people hold views different to others, no matter which side of the fence you sit on.

You are not going to get people to forgo their stance on a subject because someone feels the topic should stay on neutral ground.

You hold some pretty biased views yourself, and you are never afraid to voice them, so why would you expect others to do as you don`t.

Its a bit of a do as I say, and not as I do thread from you I think on this.
No you mean what side your bread is buttered on like or lump it or even exspet it poor dogs.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

01-01-2012, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by oleary View Post
No you mean what side your bread is buttered on like or lump it or even exspet it poor dogs.
I`m sorry, I find your posts very hard to decipher
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2012, 09:39 PM
This is just a forum for dog owners to chat about all sorts of things. Even if you got 100% agreement on here, do you really think that would alter anything at all in the wider world of dogs?

What forums such as this do do is bring to our attention issues that we may not have heard of, show us the 'other side' of the argument, help owners who are having a hard time or who are worried by their dog's behaviour and also, very importantly, provide a platform for chat

Is that such a bad thing?
oleary
Dogsey Junior
Male 

01-01-2012, 09:46 PM
This is just a forum for dog owners to chat about all sorts of things. Even if you got 100% agreement on here, do you really think that would alter anything at all in the wider world of dogs?

What forums such as this do do is bring to our attention issues that we may not have heard of, show us the 'other side' of the argument, help owners who are having a hard time or who are worried by their dog's behaviour and also, very importantly, provide a platform for chat

Is that such a bad thing?
Well said that's what this site need it appears that I'm not the only one. Maybe people should look around other treads and read what's going on around them. Then and only then maybe people will get more aweerness.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2012, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I`m sorry, I find your posts very hard to decipher
LOL!

rune
Page 25 of 28 « First < 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 >