View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tombotha
Dogsey Junior

06-03-2005, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by pete
so it wasnt used to stop the owners getting hurt or bit breaking dogs?
If it dog bites someone by accident trying to bite another animal its not human agression, is it pete? Its just safer than sticking your hands in the mouth and prizing the jaws apart. A dog that turned on its owner wasn't safe, and was culled.
pete
Almost a Veteran

06-03-2005, 12:55 PM
it is a lot more common than your makingt out tom and id love to know were you got your info to back up the statement or is it just your opininon? and getting back to your original post why would you want a dog to be like the original pit dog wanting to kill any dog in sight?
tombotha
Dogsey Junior

06-03-2005, 12:59 PM
it is a lot more common than your makingt out tom and id love to know were you got your info to back up the statement or is it just your opininon? and getting back to your original post why would you want a dog to be like the original pit dog wanting to kill any dog in sight?
Since when is gameness trying to kill every dog in sight? And staffy's are pit dogs, they were specifically bred for fighting. Dog fighting is wrong, and I hate it as much as I am sure you do, but just because we don't like it doesn't mean you can erase the fact it was the foundation of the staffy.
pete
Almost a Veteran

Originally Posted by tom
If it dog bites someone by accident trying to bite another animal its not human agression, is it pete? Its just safer than sticking your hands in the mouth and prizing the jaws apart. A dog that turned on its owner wasn't safe, and was culled.
i think you will find not all pit breeders were that responsible and found that not all man biters were culled because they were that good in the pit.
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

It may exist, but it is not exactly common
In some regions it actually is
tombotha
Dogsey Junior

06-03-2005, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by Lel
In some regions it actually is
Really? And are these athletic, fit dogs winning the shows?
tombotha
Dogsey Junior

06-03-2005, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by tom
i think you will find not all pit breeders were that responsible and found that not all man biters were culled because they were that good in the pit.
Of course, may have happened a few times, but the majority of the time they were culled, because (as I have already said) a vicious dog as strong as a SBT or APBT is a liability.
pete
Almost a Veteran

06-03-2005, 01:06 PM
yes tom i have the fortune to have met lels and jaynes dogs from here who are very fit dogs and not over done in anyway theres another member karren whos litter sister is a champion yet agagin another dog fit and not over done i could go on forever spouting names of dogs that are winners not over done and very fit

does this dog to you look unable to walk 200 yards tom?
maynot be your cup of tea but the majority of staffs at show are not what you are making out
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2005, 01:12 PM
Really? And are these athletic, fit dogs winning the shows?
Well you would have to discuss that with the judges Tom

another topic for another day

But you are saying they are all bully but the truth is that leggy athletic dogs are still being bred

I just need to add that comment for anyone who is looking into staffys- especially the athletic type- and who happens to be reading the various posts knocking about and who believes there are no athletic show dogs - THERE ARE
tombotha
Dogsey Junior

06-03-2005, 01:13 PM
yes tom i have the fortune to have met lels and jaynes dogs from here who are very fit dogs and not over done in anyway theres another member karren whos litter sister is a champion yet agagin another dog fit and not over done i could go on forever spouting names of dogs that are winners not over done and very fit

does this dog to you look unable to walk 200 yards tom?
maynot be your cup of tea but the majority of staffs at show are not what you are making out
No looks fine, a handsome animal, and its also not my place to comment on somebody elses animal like that. I am sure that he can walk 200 yards, but he still doesn't really resemble the dogs the standard was based on.
Closed Thread
Page 24 of 26 « First < 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 >