View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2007, 06:22 PM
I know what you're saying Ramble, and Ian too - if it were an ideal world all owners would research properly, but I don't think we can in any way judge those who sort of end up with a pit bull and who are just normal folk who also love their dog ...if that makes sense
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-03-2007, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by Hayley SBT View Post

An American Pit Bull Terrier is no more likely to bite than any other breed. So lets remember Deed Not Breed, then many innocent dogs will not get PTS!
Originally Posted by Hayley SBT View Post
Personally if you take on a Pit Bull these YOU ARE THE ONE who is risking there lives. I could never do it, as much as i adore and love and respect the American Pit Bull Terrier, while they are banned i would not take one on as i could never go through that where the dog could be taken away from me for no reason. Then if and ever the DDA is lifted then I believe for the breed to be able to develop and gain the public back only selective owners who really are aware of everything about the Pit Bull should be able to have them. Its time for a new way as the DDA is not working what so ever
If they are no more likely to bite than any other dog... then why do you suggest that only "selective owners" should have them??

I know that we should all choose a dog to suit our lifestyles.. eg it would be crazy to take on an active dog like a Springer etc if we do not enjoy the outdoors etc that they need... but it seems to me that so many people are saying that Pitbulls are no more likely to harm, or are no more dangerous... and then go on to say that only selective owners should have them??

I'm not against pitbulls by the way, but I do think that if we believe them to be more dangerous than other dogs, then we should admit that. I don't think there is anything wrong with openly admitting that these dogs need the right kind of owner otherwize they could be dangerous....

And I'm not having a go here, just trying to suss out yours and other people answer to the OP's question.....

Do you think Pitbulls are dangerous??
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2007, 06:24 PM
It does Wys...put very well again!!!!!
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-03-2007, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by IanTaylor View Post

I'm not against pitbulls by the way, but I do think that if we believe them to be more dangerous than other dogs, then we should admit that. I don't think there is anything wrong with openly admitting that these dogs need the right kind of owner otherwize they could be dangerous....

And I'm not having a go here, just trying to suss out yours and other people answer to the OP's question.....

I think that a Pitbull definately needs the right kind of owner,but i beleive all dogs need the right kind of owner.But in the case of any of the so called big strong breeds they all need a a firm but fair handler/owner and one that needs to be totally responsible for and understand the animal that they are in control of.
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-03-2007, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by IanTaylor View Post

Good question, yes in the wrong hands they are a ticking time bomb just waiting to go off, the case of poor little Ellie Lawrenson, proves just that. I'll be the first to admit that as an owner of Bull breeds.
SBT
Dogsey Junior
Male 

11-03-2007, 07:56 PM
I don't think there is an answer to the question, Pit Bulls - Are they dangerous? its a chicken and egg question.
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2007, 09:37 PM
Hi ian I hope you are well

Like every Molosser breed they all need selective owner. The pitbull is strong willed, highly intelligent and need alot of exercise. I believe selective owners are needed for a collie, foxhound etc also.
sky_high_bluest
Dogsey Senior
Male 

12-03-2007, 12:58 AM
top news report! good post! pits can be dangerous but so can ANY other dog!
sky_high_bluest
Dogsey Senior
Male 

12-03-2007, 01:01 AM
Originally Posted by Nicci_L View Post
Good question, yes in the wrong hands they are a ticking time bomb just waiting to go off, the case of poor little Ellie Lawrenson, proves just that. I'll be the first to admit that as an owner of Bull breeds.
hi again! sorry but don't bring that dog into it! NOT a pit bull not even of type! I saw that dog out walking early morrnings it was between 5 1/2 and 6 stone at 18 months!!! closer to a neo!
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-03-2007, 01:28 AM
According to every report published (every report cannot be wrong) the dog WAS a Pit Bull. So I have every right to bring 'that' dog into it as it was responsible for killing a POOR INNOCENT little girl!
Page 24 of 132 « First < 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 34 74 124 > Last »