Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
Just did a quick online search and they have it as:

8O XER instead.

Only £30'000 . Something tells me the penny jar might be a bit short!!
Its amazing just how much these things go for isn't it? I've been looking at all sorts, some to do with dogs, some to do with initials and just some fun ones too. Fingers crossed I will get the one on ebay for the £150, if not, its back to the drawing board...and the getting round Clive again
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 09:31 PM
Alternatively for £600 I could have ES04 BOX which is ok. But then i'd need to buy a car that was at least 04 plate so still wouldn't be cost effective!!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 09:32 PM
£30 k, oh my word! I don't want one THAT much!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 09:33 PM
This is all just really making me want a weim one now and I don't even have a car to put it on.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Re my post, it was just my opinions guys

In _my_ opinion and from my experience, (expensive) private number plates, in most cases, are more about image/status than anything else.

But then, so many other things are - it is an intrinsically human thing to do. Is it a flaw/bad trait? I guess so - but we're human, and few are anything close to perfect. That's why 'Saints' stand out so much

One thing I would like to add is that I'm talking about expensive PNPs that cost in the thousands - like over 20,000! (Which is what they were years ago). If they're 'just' a few hundred now then I would say it's more about personalisation - where people get them to make their cars feel a bit more personal - like a username on a forum, where you choose a name that reflects you and helps you stand out.

Certainly from my point I would like one just to jazz my old car up a bit, and be a bit of a talking point with my friends that also own setters. I have seen lots that I wouldn't want to have, even if they were given to me, as they can be outrageous and thats not what I'm about. I just want one for fun...if Clive gets the one he wants it will be so funny...but I wouldn't want that on my car

With regards to those that cost thousands...I would never be able to justify in my mind the costs involved...just the cheapy ones for me
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Its amazing just how much these things go for isn't it? I've been looking at all sorts, some to do with dogs, some to do with initials and just some fun ones too. Fingers crossed I will get the one on ebay for the £150, if not, its back to the drawing board...and the getting round Clive again
I know, i wasn't expecting £30'000!!

My sister bought one for her hubby once as at the time they have a Mitsubishi Evo so she bought him EV0 4STU or something to that affect. Obviously his name is Stu! No idea how much it cost though!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Re my post, it was just my opinions guys

In _my_ opinion and from my experience, (expensive) private number plates, in most cases, are more about image/status than anything else.

But then, so many other things are - it is an intrinsically human thing to do. Is it a flaw/bad trait? I guess so - but we're human, and few are anything close to perfect. That's why 'Saints' stand out so much

One thing I would like to add is that I'm talking about expensive PNPs that cost in the thousands - like over 20,000! (Which is what they were years ago). If they're 'just' a few hundred now then I would say it's more about personalisation - where people get them to make their cars feel a bit more personal - like a username on a forum, where you choose a name that reflects you and helps you stand out.

I'd not buy one which cost more than the ruddy car cost, i'd rather have a regular plate and a nicer car!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 10:49 PM
P1 DGE has gone ;o(

I may cry.
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-06-2009, 11:25 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
With all due respect nobody said they were!
With all due respect I think it is what its all about, but you know it doesn't bother me what anyone thinks of such trivial things and if i ever get another one or not my age won't be a consideration.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2009, 01:09 AM
Just caught up with this, my god you have all had fun...or not.
My friend has a s reg plate on he brand new vauxhall, its personlised and shes had it years the number of people who stop her and say your cars in good nick is unbelieable.
Still considering buying Ian one for 50th next year if we can find one he actually likes, must have wss in there some where.
Page 23 of 35 « First < 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 33 > Last »