Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2012, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
It`s a classic. Should be a sticky, IMO.
Have to agree with this, never fails to make me giggle!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2012, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by Larrabee View Post
I hope not. If this had been the first thread I'd read as new first time dog owner, I'd have closed the window and never come back.

Yes, you're all wonderful, extremely knowledgeable, morally superior dog owners. Do you need to bask in your own condescending attitudes quite so much?
Are you being serious? this is obviously a light hearted thread!
Larrabee
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-02-2012, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Are you being serious? this is obviously a light hearted thread!
Some of it is amusing, but yes I'm serious. There are some seriously snobby, classist and superior attitudes hidden in those 'light hearted' comments.
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2012, 05:00 PM
Some of it is amusing, but yes I'm serious. There are some seriously snobby, classist and superior attitudes hidden in those 'light hearted' comments.
If one is that easily offended, then internet forums may not be the best place!

The thread is meant as a joke, not snobbery or classist. Purely light heartedness
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2012, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by Kerriebaby View Post

The thread is meant as a joke, not snobbery or classist. Purely light heartedness
Have to agree with this, clearly this is all light hearted and people sharing the more silly perceptions people have of breeds.

If someone read this as a new member i would hope that they a) knew it was a bit of fun and sillyness or b) realised that joe public is not the best place to get info on a breed and look into better
Larrabee
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-02-2012, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by Kerriebaby View Post

I won't be reading it again, but I suggest reading back over it with my comments in mind, you never know you might see my point.

I only hope some of the posters don't display these kinds of attitudes towards other dog owners they meet out and about who are deemed 'Thick' or 'Dummies' for such heinous crimes as letting their dogs off lead in a field, wearing a baseball cap or *gasp* speaking with a working class accent and dialect.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2012, 05:55 PM
I would like to draw the said complainant`s attention to the disclaimer in the first post of this thread......

Disclaimer: No offence was meant by any thing written in this post (or this disclaimer). If any slight or offence has been caused by the statements or opinions in this post then the poster offers sincere apologies for any offence caused as no offence is intended by any post posted on the open forum.
In the event poster does mean to cause offence poster will do so by PM

Any post written after this aforesaid disclaimer is considered as covered by the preceding post`s disclaimer.
This dislaimer is a continuance of the disclaimer in the first post.
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2012, 06:00 PM
I won't be reading it again, but I suggest reading back over it with my comments in mind, you never know you might see my point.

I only hope some of the posters don't display these kinds of attitudes towards other dog owners they meet out and about who are deemed 'Thick' or 'Dummies' for such heinous crimes as letting their dogs off lead in a field, wearing a baseball cap or *gasp* speaking with a working class accent and dialect.
Oh my lord, have a bloody word with yourself.

Just incase you're under the ellution that all of us who posted on here are posh, upperclass snobs, perhaps you'd like to look up where some of us live.

It was meant as a joke, your want to believe otherwise is your problem, and doesn't change the original intent.
Larrabee
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-02-2012, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I would like to draw the said complainant`s attention to the disclaimer in the first post of this thread......

Disclaimer: No offence was meant by any thing written in this post (or this disclaimer). If any slight or offence has been caused by the statements or opinions in this post then the poster offers sincere apologies for any offence caused as no offence is intended by any post posted on the open forum.
In the event poster does mean to cause offence poster will do so by PM

Any post written after this aforesaid disclaimer is considered as covered by the preceding post`s disclaimer.
This dislaimer is a continuance of the disclaimer in the first post.

I've always found that when people start by saying "No offence" they almost always go on to be offensive.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2012, 06:42 PM
Original poster reserves the right to maintain own sense of humour and though they accept the rights and freedoms of others to have senses of humour different to their own, is in this case asserting the right to ignore them.

Its a big world... Plenty of room for us all in it.
Page 23 of 29 « First < 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 > Last »