Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2007, 02:36 AM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
As i've said, if the people with show dogs feel strongly for the charities Companion shows raise funds for, they could give a donation, imo.
The Show I refer to is a show to raise funds for a lady who's husband and children died in a house fire.

By your own suggestion (above) Do you seriously suggest that I knock on her mother's door (as her house is unfit to live in) and say "here you go, have a Fiver, as I have a show dog, and therefore should let the non show people attend instead" or worse still, all the show people don't attend and she turns up to the event, thinking that nobody can be really bothered !

They don't have to enter the show to benefit the charity, imo.
In this case, (which you quoted, so I take it, is the show you refer to) the woman would not want to feel like a 'Charity' and not want to be refered to as a Charity.

I suppose if you needed life saving treatment for something, and someone was doing a 'charitable' dog show for you, would you then object so strongly to people coming and raising money for you ??? I think not

With your attitude and coldness, I'm surprised even your dogs enjoy your company.
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2007, 08:57 AM
As someone said earlier. Why are we all trying to justify our entering of shows to WESTIE. While I respect she has an opinion, thankfully she in the minority and as I've said before most people who go to CS are in good humour and don't care who gets what. It's meant to be a fun day for god's sake, so anyone that thinks this or that is unfair is only showing how competitive they are and how important it is to win to them. Sour Grapes Big time!!!!!
I would ignore her comments just as I would ignore anyone speaking in this way at a show. Get a life.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2007, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by megan57collies View Post
As someone said earlier. Why are we all trying to justify our entering of shows to WESTIE. While I respect she has an opinion, thankfully she in the minority and as I've said before most people who go to CS are in good humour and don't care who gets what. It's meant to be a fun day for god's sake, so anyone that thinks this or that is unfair is only showing how competitive they are and how important it is to win to them. Sour Grapes Big time!!!!!
I would ignore her comments just as I would ignore anyone speaking in this way at a show. Get a life.
Jeeso.......hilarious.

It feels like if nobody agrees with your opinion then you are not entitled to have one.

You shouldn't ignore other peoples opinions if they differ from your own. I respect that you have your opinion, even though it differs from mine. You should also respect that I have an opinion, whether I am in the minority or not.

It doesn't bother me that I am in the minority. I will still stand by and believe in what I have said, until I receive other information which may change my mind. This has not happened as yet. I will let you know if/when it does.

Good day to you all.
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2007, 11:51 AM
Jeeso.......hilarious.

It feels like if nobody agrees with your opinion then you are not entitled to have one.

You shouldn't ignore other peoples opinions if they differ from your own. I respect that you have your opinion, even though it differs from mine. You should also respect that I have an opinion, whether I am in the minority or not.

It doesn't bother me that I am in the majority. I will still stand by and believe in what I have said, until I receive other information which may change my mind. This has not happened as yet. I will let you know if/when it does.

Good day to you all.
Um,
read my post again, second line "I respect you have your own opinion"

While your at it, shouldn't your post read "I am in the minority"

Rather than campaigning against others right to show, why don't you talk with your feet and stay away from the shows or the pedigree classes.
Then we'd all be happy eh.
PS lovely piccies on the brags and photos with all your rossettes and trophies. Hope noone spoiled it for you whinging behind your back that they went away with nothing that day, including the border collies you beat
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2007, 11:58 AM
...because I don't think it's fair on the other dogs who aren't yet at the standard required for competitions.

Oh, i'll still do the agility so other handlers can see what techniques I use that work for my dogs, so they can perhaps pick up some tips for the way handle their dogs on the agility course, but I will withdraw from club competitions.
Talk about double standards.
So it's okay to do agility as your helping newbies into the sport.
Yet it's not okay for show people to enter their dogs and pass on their expertise to newbies.

So which is??
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2007, 12:04 PM
Talk about double standards.
So it's okay to do agility as your helping newbies into the sport.
Yet it's not okay for show people to enter their dogs and pass on their expertise to newbies.

So which is??
As i've said, the agility I do within in the club will not be for competition once I start competiting, whether I win anything or not.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2007, 12:07 PM
Um,
read my post again, second line "I respect you have your own opinion"

While your at it, shouldn't your post read "I am in the minority"

Rather than campaigning against others right to show, why don't you talk with your feet and stay away from the shows or the pedigree classes.
Then we'd all be happy eh.
PS lovely piccies on the brags and photos with all your rossettes and trophies. Hope noone spoiled it for you whinging behind your back that they went away with nothing that day, including the border collies you beat
Thank you for correcting me. It's been a busy morning.

People talking behind my back wouldn't have spoiled my day at all.

In the club agility competition, as far as i'm aware, nobody went away empty handed.

It was only a few collies I beat in 2 out of the 4 classes I entered, but still border collies.
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2007, 12:16 PM
Thank you for correcting me. It's been a busy morning.

People talking behind my back wouldn't have spoiled my day at all.

In the club agility competition, as far as i'm aware, nobody went away empty handed.

It was only a few collies I beat in 2 out of the 4 classes I entered, but still border collies.
Well a heads up, you making your comments verbally known at shows which you have said you have, and others on here have commented on it too, you will upset other people and to be honest if your part of the organisation too, will effect the entries too at future shows. It makes you no better than anyone else that whinges at shows.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2007, 12:30 PM
Well a heads up, you making your comments verbally known at shows which you have said you have, and others on here have commented on it too, you will upset other people and to be honest if your part of the organisation too, will effect the entries too at future shows. It makes you no better than anyone else that whinges at shows.
I wasn't part of the organisation for Saturday's show, and I am now thankful that I wasn't. I don't want to be involved next year either.

My family and I simply helped out by taking photographs, baking, setting up the agility equipment, and on the tomobola stall all day.
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2007, 12:46 PM
I didn't neccessarily mean that you are part of the organisation as in club, organisation as in "organising". From your original post you put yourself across that you were very much involved in the discussions that went on, and on other posts refer to the discussions you have had at shows. Clearly this has been dismissed from the official organisers of that particular show. I'm sure the official organisers are relieved you will not be partipating next year as you have given nothing but bad press to this year's show. Borders on nasty to be honest, dettering people from entering a show.
Anyway I'll bow out at this point. I will continue to go to Companion Dog Shows for a great day with my friends, make new ones, pass on my knowledge to anyone that needs help or advice, and cheer on the winners and losers as I've always done, unless of course a Westie beats my border collie in the agility, then they'll be tears
Closed Thread
Page 22 of 27 « First < 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 > Last »