Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-10-2007, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by dollyknockers View Post
my sis also got a rescue golden retriever he was about 4 yr old or at least that what the centre told her he was un neautured also , but i thought all rescues neautured dogs as a policy xxdk
There are good and bad rescues, like their are good and bad breeders. It would be nice to think all would advocate or even better insist and cover the costs of neutering.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2007, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by AnneUK View Post
Of course they can and most reputable rescues do
I'm sorry, yours may, but most reputable rescues dont

I speak to people all the time that have rescues from so called Reputable rescues, and the dogs aren't 'fixed', not jabbed, there's no advice or support for the owners, they don't home check many, again the list is endless.

Whereas Ethical breeders, are just that. They are moral, ethical and responsible.

Perhaps if these so called rescues neutered ALL the dogs that were rehomed, we then wouldn't have even more unwanted puppies spread around to be rehomed.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2007, 10:18 PM
There are good and bad rescues, like their are good and bad breeders. It would be nice to think all would advocate or even better insist and cover the costs of neutering.
Except reputable breeders are called that because they have earned the reputation, whereas many so called reputable rescues are not reputable or responsible, they have simply commercial help, which makes them look Moral.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2007, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
I'm sorry, yours may, but most reputable rescues dont

I speak to people all the time that have rescues from so called Reputable rescues, and the dogs aren't 'fixed', not jabbed, there's no advice or support for the owners, they don't home check many, again the list is endless.

Whereas Ethical breeders, are just that. They are moral, ethical and responsible.

Perhaps if these so called rescues neutered ALL the dogs that were rehomed, we then wouldn't have even more unwanted puppies spread around to be rehomed.
Well said hun ,xxdk
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-10-2007, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post

I had to laugh with you on that (not at you) I deal with so called reputable breeders who say they do this and that but don't, you've had pretty much the same experience with so called reputable rescues.
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2007, 10:25 PM
Well I know for a fact rescues just cannot give a lifetime support and information for ALL breeds working in one I know we will try where possible, but no one is an expert in all breeds different traits and health problems and anyone who says so is just plain kidding themselves IMO.

Mo
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2007, 10:27 PM
hows this about a year ago in northern ireland a BYB was shut down , and all puppies were seized and taken to the uspca and local rescue centres ,and stephen philpot the director of the uspca was on the radio telling ppl not to go to breeders but to go to them to rehome these puppies , for a fee so where is the difference in going to a ethicle breeder .or going to a rescue centre .
the only difference being is going to an ethicle breeder you the health history and pedigree of the puppy you rehoming ,

if we had of gone for these puppies where is the back up , system when something happens to these pups at say 5 months old , although you havent paid the same price as you would to an ethicle breeder , but you have loved and care for it the same and an ethicle breeder will take on the help of vet fees an responsibility of the pup

and what would the rescue centre do , they would most likely say not our responsdibilitywe only rescued it .

xxdk
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

I had to laugh with you on that (not at you) I deal with so called reputable breeders who say they do this and that but don't, you've had pretty much the same experience with so called reputable rescues.
Well then they aren't reputable clearly
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

I have to admit to being slightly gobsmacked at a rescue that would vaccinate a pup/dog without titre testing at least first, risking their health by over vaccinating and topping that neuter the poor things before they have even lost their puppy teeth! Rescues are sinking in my estimation very quickly.
dawn.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2007, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by dollyknockers View Post
hows this about a year ago in northern ireland a BYB was shut down , and all puppies were seized and taken to the uspca and local rescue centres ,and stephen philpot the director of the uspca was on the radio telling ppl not to go to breeders but to go to them to rehome these puppies , for a fee so where is the difference in going to a ethicle breeder .or going to a rescue centre .
the only difference being is going to an ethicle breeder you the health history and pedigree of the puppy you rehoming ,

if we had of gone for these puppies where is the back up , system when something happens to these pups at say 5 months old , although you havent paid the same price as you would to an ethicle breeder , but you have loved and care for it the same and an ethicle breeder will take on the help of vet fees an responsibility of the pup

and what would the rescue centre do , they would most likely say not our responsdibilitywe only rescued it .

xxdk
Totally agree. The back up isn't there, it would be impossible, with so many going in and out.
Page 21 of 42 « First < 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 > Last »