Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-02-2011, 08:09 AM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
Awe I'm so sorry to hear this all you can do is pray for a miracle I know all of us on here are praying for one to happen.
You and Gordon are so brave and I'm certain your making the right decision with whats best for the lovely Ollie.
Thinking of you all xxx
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Lynn, I think you have made a right decision, whilst they can go on, enjoy everyday hun, you yourself will know when Ollie has had enough, as you say the time is not now.

God bless you all, I too will be faced with this, but Reah will tell me when, just as Ollie will tell you xxxxxxxx hugs and kisses hun
Originally Posted by EGYPTGAL View Post
I hope he has more than a few weeks Lynn,but if not you have done everything in your power to help him and i'm sure you will know when it is time.Sending lots of sad hugs to you all xx
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Aww what a nightmare. At least you know he's not going to suffer Lynn, even though you and your family are.

{{{hugs}}}
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
So incredibly sad......

Thinking of you all and hoping Ollie rallies for a little longer....

x0x
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
So sorry Lynn, I know what you're going through with waiting to make the inevitable decision, it's just so unfair with Ollie still being so young

What we did with Leon was let him have anything he wanted during those last two weeks, he was walked whenever he wanted, he ate things that I knew possibly wouldn't help him...he went mad on pickled eggs , but I wanted his last weeks to be full of happiness and for him to know how much we loved him...I know that you will be the same with Ollie.

I'm still praying for a miracle for you and sending huge (((hugs))) to you all. xxx
Thank you all. He is a little steadier this morning.

He is not stamping down quite as hard as he has been on his front legs today but the right front leg does seem to be over compensating a bit. The ataxia has now moved further up his body like it was in the beginning and then when he went on the steorids it localised itself more to just his hips but you can see him rolling from around his trunk once more.

He has over the last few days not been waiting with his chin almost resting on the work top waiting for his breakfast or his tea he waits layng down in the living room then comes when called but is still managing to eat and drink from his raised stands. He is also not sitting with his chin almost on the worktop when I do Michaels lunch in the mornings now. Neither is he racing as fast as his wobbly legs take him to get to Michael and sit in front of him asking for a piece of toast in the morning all subtle little things that do not seem muh till you start adding them up and thinking about them and then realise they are actually quite a big deal in the scheme of things.

The other thing was Sunday Mark popped in and he hadn't seen him when he was first ill in fact him and Tracey did not see him till he had been taking the prednisilone for a couple of weeks and they seemd shocked over how worried we had been and I think they thought I was doing my usual over worrying. Actually the last time Mark saw him was on the first of December the Wednesday when he seemed fine till later in the day when all this started.

Mark was shocked and commented about how wobbly he was and we said well the disease whatever it is seems to be coming back he then reminded us he had not seen how he was in the beginning. He was also shocked at how small he seems to be becoming which means he must be shrinking because Mark is always saying to him your'e such a big boy you need to diet in an endearing kind of way.

So since last Wednesday this is how it has become nothing majorly in your face just small little signs gradually building up. Thats how I know now the time is running out and when I told Nadia all these things yesterday she agreed totally and said it is makng its comeback which these nerve related diseases do in some dogs some recover totally some recover like we had hoped for Ollie enough to manage and have short walks others in the minority like Ollie where it comes back and that is the final stage and you have to accept defeat whether you want to or not.

So we plod on now for however long but we know it is not going to be for too long it is now just watching and making sure the timing is right not bad enough for him to lose all use of his back legs again but again not to early and he can manage to some extent.

Steph I am sending you (((hugs))) because I now exactly where your head is at the moment. As so many of us have done before us.
tokiayla
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2011, 08:23 AM
Lynn, you are such a strong person & caring dog owner...it brings tears to my eyes.
You know Ollie best, you'll know when.
Hope he surprises you and you get longer than you think with him, but take comfort that you have done your very very best for him.

Big hugs & Stone sends a lick to Ollie x
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2011, 08:23 AM
I dread reading this thread, cos everytime I get so upset for you.

I can only imagine what it feels like and what you are going through, but it does sound like you will know and be strong enough when the time is right to help Ollie further.

I just hope that you have a while yet of him still eating and drinking and being content and free from pain.

Hugs and prayers again.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2011, 08:47 AM
Sending you all (((HUGS))) I know you put your darling boy first at every turn... I hope you have much more time with him yet xxx
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2011, 09:17 AM
Sending you all a big hug this morning.xx
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2011, 09:47 AM
Just checking in,

Thinking of you all,sending huge hugs xx

Gentle cuddles to Ollie xx
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-02-2011, 09:55 AM
Lynn,all we can say is that we are thinking of you all.We were in the same position a few years ago and I put off making the final decision,hoping every night our dog would go peacefully in her sleep,as her "brother" had .I knew she couldnt go on when she could no longer support herself on her back legs and something in her eyes was speaking to me.I know you have great support from your vet and that ,between you all ,you will make the decision at the right time
My Ollie has just walked in-really strange as he never comes in here in the a.m.-think he wants to send some more big hugs to your Ollie.Will be thinking of you ,just remember you can do no more than you are doing and we are all here for you,love from Maureen
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-02-2011, 10:26 AM
Still thinking of you and Ollie and praying for the best but I know for sure you will do what's best for Ollie.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-02-2011, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by tokiayla View Post
Lynn, you are such a strong person & caring dog owner...it brings tears to my eyes.
You know Ollie best, you'll know when.
Hope he surprises you and you get longer than you think with him, but take comfort that you have done your very very best for him.

Big hugs & Stone sends a lick to Ollie x
Originally Posted by Rolosmum View Post
I dread reading this thread, cos everytime I get so upset for you.

I can only imagine what it feels like and what you are going through, but it does sound like you will know and be strong enough when the time is right to help Ollie further.

I just hope that you have a while yet of him still eating and drinking and being content and free from pain.

Hugs and prayers again.
Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
Sending you all (((HUGS))) I know you put your darling boy first at every turn... I hope you have much more time with him yet xxx
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
Sending you all a big hug this morning.xx
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Just checking in,

Thinking of you all,sending huge hugs xx

Gentle cuddles to Ollie xx
Originally Posted by Ollies mum View Post
Lynn,all we can say is that we are thinking of you all.We were in the same position a few years ago and I put off making the final decision,hoping every night our dog would go peacefully in her sleep,as her "brother" had .I knew she couldnt go on when she could no longer support herself on her back legs and something in her eyes was speaking to me.I know you have great support from your vet and that ,between you all ,you will make the decision at the right time
My Ollie has just walked in-really strange as he never comes in here in the a.m.-think he wants to send some more big hugs to your Ollie.Will be thinking of you ,just remember you can do no more than you are doing and we are all here for you,love from Maureen
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Still thinking of you and Ollie and praying for the best but I know for sure you will do what's best for Ollie.
Thanks all.

It all seems a bit surreal he is laying sleeping and besides being able to hear him breathe about 5 feet away looking at him you would think nothing was wrong.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-02-2011, 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Thanks all.

It all seems a bit surreal he is laying sleeping and besides being able to hear him breathe about 5 feet away looking at him you would think nothing was wrong.
Just checking in Lynn to see how he is,

Can just picture him laying snoring away ,

I know what you mean about things being a bit surreal. I look at Bandit sometimes and think, he looks OK, and is walking OK, then last night I forgot to give him his tablets then about 8 pm, he was hobbling around the house, then I realised, I had forgotten to give him his meds, and that was a huge smack in the face to bring me back to reality, how dependent he is on the medication.

Sorry Lynn for hijacking the thread, but I know you wont mind, we have to be strong for each other,

Page 21 of 28 « First < 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 > Last »