Female 

05-12-2010, 11:10 AM
You are still in our thoughts and praying for some good news for Ollie soon xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-12-2010, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Hi Lynn, hoping to hear some more positive news soon ...

I remember Ollie as a puppy, for some reason he reminded me of a baby owl all round and fluffy with big eyes

Try to keep your chin up, it's hard I know but there is always hope of improvement with any condition. Hopefully the vet will find the cause of the problem soon and you can then concentrate on how best to treat Ollie (hugs)xx
Originally Posted by lotsforus View Post
I keep checking back for news. Sorry there is no news yet.
Thinking of you all xxxx
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
You are still in our thoughts and praying for some good news for Ollie soon xx
Thank you all for keeping him in your thoughts and us.

Not much of an update but a little one to be going on with.

Vet called to say he would be going under GA again later this morning for some electrical tests on his muscles. Also more bloods being taken to test his thyroid and adrenalin.

We will get results later today re: the electrical stimulation tests but the blood results will not be back till Tuesday.

She did say we were not to get excited but with the help of his harness we left them with the handle on the back he managed a few steps aided. Gorden took the call and of course told me and I felt loads better then he said I told you she said we were not to get excited about it and I wish I hadn't told you now. But as far as I am concerned any little glimmer of hope is something although I know realistically we are not looking at a good prognosis for him.

Will update when we get the electrical stimulation results.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-12-2010, 11:54 AM
Fingers crossed for some better news!

XXX
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2010, 12:21 PM
Thinking of you all, sending a hug and an extra big cuddle for Ollie(x)
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-12-2010, 01:24 PM
Vet rung the electronic stimulation tests came back with no problems showing. So the more tests that come back negative although people may think that is a good thing it is in fact a bad thing because there is no cause showing which means we are now seriously having to take the DM into consideration.

We still have the result of a long range electrical stimulation test too come back but it takes longer too process so we may know more tomorrow or Tuesday along with the blood test results on Tuesday. Even the neurologist is now beginning to think that is the cause you have to rule out everything to come to the DM conclusion as there is no test to prove that the disease is there. So if he still cannot get up in the next 10 days and all other avenues have been exhausted the outlook is very bad. If it had been obvious with some of the typical signs showing in the early stages we would of known from the beginning what we were dealing with although we now think there may of been very subtle signs they would not of been enough to make the diagnosis on his possible symptoms some people say it does not come on suddenly but it can in very rare cases.

He has been bathed while under sedation and his neurologist has taken a real shine to him and she was convincing me that they all love the animals they deal with and I do not doubt that. They are being wonderful with Ollie.

She knows I am 50/50 now on this one and although she said there is a small probability things could change she says I am being sensible in preparing myself even she sounded less convinced today that he would be home.

We have a little way to go yet before we have to resign ourselves to that fact but the odds are against him now. The longer he takes to get up on those legs the worse the prognosis gets.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2010, 01:27 PM
Oh I'm so sorry, I know there isnt anything we can say now to help you feel better or make Ollie better, other than they still have things to rule out. fingers crossed he has a less serious result show up on something for you x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-12-2010, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
Oh I'm so sorry, I know there isnt anything we can say now to help you feel better or make Ollie better, other than they still have things to rule out. fingers crossed he has a less serious result show up on something for you x
It really is a waiting game now we need a miracle.
Sarah88
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-12-2010, 02:18 PM
I've been following this thread and hoping they find out what's wrong with your poor boy... He's in the best place and they're obviously doing all they can for him (they sound brilliant!). I remember how stressed Ollie gets at the vets and it seems to me like they're really trying to get him to trust them . Lowering his stress levels can only help!

Here's hoping that these new tests give you some results that you can work with...

(((hugs))) to you and of course gentle (((hugs))) for Ollie xxx

S xoxox
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2010, 02:22 PM
It is so hard when they can't pinpoint the problem, and having to wait it out while they run more test. I wish the outlook was more positive, it really has to be stressful and upsetting for you.
Still sending out cyber hugs and vibes to you and Ollie xxxx
lotsforus
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-12-2010, 02:30 PM
Sorry the news is not better.
xxxx
Page 21 of 123 « First < 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 71 121 > Last »