Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2010, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Precisely, you are not "bothered" if I agree, but because I dont agree with you, I must be wrong! Gotcha, just as I thought.
Blimey Dawn it's like being at Primary School with your posts these days "My Dad is better than your Dad!"

Like I've already said, it's all about the facts speaking for themselves. Historically the breed had moderate feathering, not the feathering seen in the second pic I posted. As such it can be concluded that the excess feathering seen on pic 2 has been gradually bred in to look more flashy in the show ring. That excess feathering was and is not needed, otherwise the breed would've looked that way from the very beginning. Whether you agree or not is neither here nor there. I don't know why you find it so hard to grasp?!

Yeah, I believe you Lynn, course I do. Lets walk a beating line then, bring your Spaniel, give it all the commands you need, will be fun!

Its pathetic when you post crap, because thats what it is about being great to see a dog doing what it was designed for, then you moan about dogs not being fit for function, show dogs etc.. absolutely typical and ultimately hypocritical. I suggest you stick to teaching tricks and stay all pink and fluffy, leave the dogs that do a job to those who appreciate the dogs history, heritage and their abilities, and dont teach them to dance and perform in an attempt to make money from them! Pathetic.
Wow, how childish is this post? Is there really any need to be so horrid?

Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
As a matter of interest, how many other people in the show world agree with you on the coat being excessive!!
I'm not sure whether to answer this as you've put exclamation marks at the end implying that it wasn't a question, rather more that you already know the answer? Please try and make sure your posts are correctly punctuated so that people can respond to them efficiently. Thanks.
Taking your view on the pics of the historical forefathers of the breed being correct, then surely you will be aware that breeds have evolved by generations of views on what dictates their interpretation of "breed standard"!
Evolved? Hmmm, why does the breed need to evolve? The breed standard hasn't, nor has the dogs original function. I think you'll find it's actually fashions that dictate changes in the show ring. Fashions that sadly people blindly follow to enable them to increase their chances of winning. Although to imagine the breed had "evolved" is a lovely romantic notion, even though dogs are essentially a man made species.

If things stood still , then in my own breed we would see the White Boxer , followed by the Solid, as the correct type in the ring, instead of the "flashy" that we see today!!
I know nothing of Boxers and their history and don't really wish to.

That pic is fab Dawn, I know from my friend who breeds Vizsla , that her pups will start showing "natural instinct" around 5/6 weeks when she puts them outside in the playpen (depending on the weather) they are showing signs of instinct, around 7 weeks old when she lets them play in her grounds (she has a big equestrian property , along with chickens and other, the pups instinct is in abundance... and you will see as the pic you posted, their natural instinct to point come to the surface.

Have to say, I love watching these little HPR puppies mature, their natural instinct is endearing to watch!!

The chickens are very good teachers for the pups to practice on
The natural instinct is amazing to watch, I remember going to see Oscar and his littermates at 6 weeks and some of the pups were pointing leaves twitching about in the long grass. Really made me chuckle!
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2010, 08:22 PM
Just in case you missed the bit about taking a video Dawn, that would be good as all the interested people could see it.

rune
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2010, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Blimey Dawn it's like being at Primary School with your posts these days "My Dad is better than your Dad!"

Like I've already said, it's all about the facts speaking for themselves. Historically the breed had moderate feathering, not the feathering seen in the second pic I posted. As such it can be concluded that the excess feathering seen on pic 2 has been gradually bred in to look more flashy in the show ring. That excess feathering was and is not needed, otherwise the breed would've looked that way from the very beginning. Whether you agree or not is neither here nor there. I don't know why you find it so hard to grasp?!

Wow, how childish is this post? Is there really any need to be so horrid?

The natural instinct is amazing to watch, I remember going to see Oscar and his littermates at 6 weeks and some of the pups were pointing leaves twitching about in the long grass. Really made me chuckle!
Whatever you say Rips, whatever you say....
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2010, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Just in case you missed the bit about taking a video Dawn, that would be good as all the interested people could see it.

rune
What you want a video of, walking in a line? Bushing? Ratting? retrieving whilst out rough shooting? Retrieving shot Squirrels?
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2010, 08:25 PM
Rips---you must have been on the forum long enough to know what happens to anyone who disagrees with the forum bully boys?

rune
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2010, 08:26 PM
What you want a video of, walking in a line? Bushing? Ratting? retrieving whilst out rough shooting? Retrieving shot Squirrels?
Whatever you like---I think the point was to prove you don't need more than two commands to work your dogs. I'd be interested to see it.

rune
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2010, 08:28 PM
Whatever you like---I think the point was to prove you don't need more than two commands to work your dogs. I'd be interested to see it.

rune
Ok, would you be kind enough to do the same? Post a video of your achievements with regard to the calming cap and how you "train" a dog to be calm in those situations they were previously worked up in.

Oh, if we go ratting, is that ok, will you be able to watch it, you wont hear one command at all.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2010, 08:28 PM
Whatever you say Rips, whatever you say....
Excellent!

Rips---you must have been on the forum long enough to know what happens to anyone who disagrees with the forum bully boys?

rune
Sadly, yes I do! Not that I'm fussed mind you!
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2010, 08:29 PM

rune
Bully boys haha! sorry but thats the funniest thing I have heard ... some people need to look at themselves before commenting on others ways.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2010, 08:49 PM
Ok, would you be kind enough to do the same? Post a video of your achievements with regard to the calming cap and how you "train" a dog to be calm in those situations they were previously worked up in.

Oh, if we go ratting, is that ok, will you be able to watch it, you wont hear one command at all.
When I get a dog that is worked up I'll be happy to do that. It might well help others in the situation. At the moment I haven't got a suitable dog---Polly would have been but as she is now totally blind nature has done it for me! It would also depend what kind of worked up the dog was---I wouldn't dream of using it on the spaniel described earlier.

I wouldn't expect any commands to be used in ratting----having seen it before they didn't have enough control to stop the dogs from killing but that didn't seem to matter as they just grabbed them at the end.

I am more interested in the control and retrieve. I assume it is all off lead?---that is what I find interesting.

This looks like it is turning in to one of those silly internet challenge things.

Its funny as I was only thinking how similar you were to another poster earlier on and he did a lot of that.

rune
Page 21 of 35 « First < 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 > Last »