Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2010, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
So essentially no one has nookie in heaven?
Lol, it would appear that way. I suppose internet access is also out of the question.

There's also the whole animals don't have souls business too. Personally, that just sounds like human ego again, as aposed to anything divine. That's also assuming we aren't animals ourselves, which is wrong, we are.

Another thing I've also wondered, who decided god was male, it maybe genderless or female.

There is also a slight indiscrepancey I'd like some thoughts on.

Religious people can't believ that the universe just appeared from nothing, though who's to say there wasn't anything before it. But anyway, they find that unbelievable but yet, they seem to believe that it was created by something that apparently just seems to have appeared from nothing itself.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2010, 02:33 PM
I think part of the problem with religion is that years ago there wasn't the technology (obviously) to explain why we were here, why we'd appeared, why this earth was here....so we created this idea of an alternative force. Since then we've discovered so much about our creation, how we're here, etc but I think for some people religion is a bit like when you're a kid and you believe in Santa, its scary to admit you don't believe in it in case you're wrong and you don't get any presents....
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2010, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by tazer View Post
Lol, it would appear that way. I suppose internet access is also out of the question.

There's also the whole animals don't have souls business too. Personally, that just sounds like human ego again, as aposed to anything divine. That's also assuming we aren't animals ourselves, which is wrong, we are.

I think animals have souls...

Another thing I've also wondered, who decided god was male, it maybe genderless or female.

Genderless methinks, I have already outlined why God was given a 'title' and due to the nature of the times, it's obvious why it's not 'she' although 'She' and 'Creator' e.t.c are now used even in the C of E, eeeeeeeee, norty!

There is also a slight indiscrepancey I'd like some thoughts on.

Religious people can't believ that the universe just appeared from nothing, though who's to say there wasn't anything before it. But anyway, they find that unbelievable but yet, they seem to believe that it was created by something that apparently just seems to have appeared from nothing itself.
No human can comprehend how the universe was created, scientists and religious folk alike can't explain how you can get 'something' from 'nothing'. The human mind can't comprehend 'nothing', nor can it comprehend God, that's why people have a hard time with religion. Some religious folk believe in the big bang, God didn't create it, he IS it...outside the box, open your mind and all tha'

Again, JMHO
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2010, 02:41 PM
I think part of the problem with religion is that years ago there wasn't the technology (obviously) to explain why we were here, why we'd appeared, why this earth was here....so we created this idea of an alternative force. Since then we've discovered so much about our creation, how we're here, etc but I think for some people religion is a bit like when you're a kid and you believe in Santa, its scary to admit you don't believe in it in case you're wrong and you don't get any presents....
Hehe, methinks most people are scared to admit they do, not vice versa. If you don't you don't, pretending you do is fooling only yourself, the Qur'an says. So no point really...
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2010, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
Hehe, methinks most people are scared to admit they do, not vice versa. If you don't you don't, pretending you do is fooling only yourself, the Qur'an says. So no point really...
Possibly, although it has taken me a number of years to truely accept that I don't believe in anything, probably only the last year or so have I accepted how I truly feel about it all.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2010, 02:51 PM
Possibly, although it has taken me a number of years to truely accept that I don't believe in anything, probably only the last year or so have I accepted how I truly feel about it all.
Depends how you come about it in the first place I suppose, if it's drummed into you fire and brimstone then yeh, you'd be petrified to let it go, it's not good at all when that happens to someone, very sad, 'specially kiddies, scaring kids into religion is horrible.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2010, 03:05 PM
Depends how you come about it in the first place I suppose, if it's drummed into you fire and brimstone then yeh, you'd be petrified to let it go, it's not good at all when that happens to someone, very sad, 'specially kiddies, scaring kids into religion is horrible.
I didn't have it drummed in per se, I went to a Christian school and my family are Christian. However I think I was unsure for a while as I found it difficult the thought of never seeing my mum again, but I'm happy with that now, that I shared the time I did with her which was special. She'll be around so long as I am, and after that, well I'll be ashes anyway so its all good
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2010, 03:15 PM
I didn't have it drummed in per se, I went to a Christian school and my family are Christian. However I think I was unsure for a while as I found it difficult the thought of never seeing my mum again, but I'm happy with that now, that I shared the time I did with her which was special. She'll be around so long as I am, and after that, well I'll be ashes anyway so its all good
Ahhhh I see, I understand now how it could have been difficult for you to reject. I'm genuinely glad to hear you have found peace now though Lorna, some people never do, even the devoutly religious, it's not all about religion, that's just a tool, and as such, can be severely misused by some.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2010, 03:18 PM
Ahhhh I see, I understand now how it could have been difficult for you to reject. I'm genuinely glad to hear you have found peace now though Lorna, some people never do, even the devoutly religious, it's not all about religion, that's just a tool, and as such, can be severely misused by some.
Thank you
Page 20 of 20 « First < 10 17 18 19 20