View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2009, 04:29 PM
We are feeding her on Purina Proplan (as she was fed on at RSPCA) The only different things she's had since we've had her (3 days now) are a few Nutri booster puppy treats & the whiskers cat food she pinched before we moved it. She may also have picked up crumbs & bits outside, she's like a hoover!
yesterday she ate the proplan fine as I added a little water & she pooed fine yesterday too.
I also noticed a little blood in her runny poo today.
Worry worry worry....... thats me!
I could try chicken & rice today, I have got chicken breasts out for dinner anyway!

Thankyou again.
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2009, 05:35 PM
Be very wary of things like parvo if there is blood in the poo.

Keep a very close eye on her...
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2009, 05:38 PM
TillyMint, if you see more blood you ought to pop her into the vets just to be sure. It's never wrong to worry at this age, especially if you see blood and she's abit off.
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-01-2009, 06:28 PM
11 weeks ,be carefull of anything other than puppy food,go slow with new foods, all my pups got a raw hide,no foods assosiated with a toy.if there is no interestin a synthetic toy, try a natural chew toy,good for teeth!!!!and purina???dry...hummmmmm i personally cant stand the stuff,flashy packaging and crap in the bag....i understand buget issues but ..do your dog good and find somthing better for your pup...respectfull ...phil
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-01-2009, 06:33 PM
blood in the poo???? wow...this could be from the bowel,mucass looking? irritated bowel? caused buy allergy, was tha case for my dogo.....
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2009, 08:01 PM
She's still alert, playful etc...
Her last poo was still sloppy & the blood was in 3 drops as she walked away - and yes mucus looking. Panic? Mabe I should ring the RSPCA tommorrow - they have vet clinics or just take her to the vets I've registered with on Monday.
Sorry to go off the Kong issue...
Phil - we are not giving her the Purina because of budget but because that's what she was being fed by the RSPCA .I take it it's not that good then?
I would welcome any recomendations... there are so choices! The lady in PAH told me I should look for the highest meat content & also that I should continue what she was already having for now until she is settled at home.

We gave her chicken & rice for tea & she gobbled it up (only a small amount)
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-01-2009, 08:35 PM
to much protien can be bad also and i hope i did not offend you ,budgit.....i look for a good balance on the bag,less fillers and the way its prossesed..kibble is cooked to the point were nutients are lossed....i look for a family based busness that makes kibble not a giant company that seeks low prices...i refere to a book called "better foods for dogs "i look also for the % of ingredience in the bag ,if your bag list corn ,moisture, soy all the fillers first,its not so good...i use a bag called wellness.look it up,there are many better for your dog.IMO.ask yourself would you eat it?!!!!chicken and rice are great for a pup with stomach upset ..call the vet and explain...they know best..as far as the poo with blood there are many reasons,mine, it was an allergy to corn meal,,,..blood was from an irritated bowl because of the amount of corn in the bag..its undigestable ...hope this helps...phil
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2009, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by 3dognight View Post
to much protien can be bad also and i hope i did not offend you ,budgit.....i look for a good balance on the bag,less fillers and the way its prossesed..kibble is cooked to the point were nutients are lossed....i look for a family based busness that makes kibble not a giant company that seeks low prices...i refere to a book called "better foods for dogs "i look also for the % of ingredience in the bag ,if your bag list corn ,moisture, soy all the fillers first,its not so good...i use a bag called wellness.look it up,there are many better for your dog.IMO.ask yourself would you eat it?!!!!chicken and rice are great for a pup with stomach upset ..call the vet and explain...they know best..as far as the poo with blood there are many reasons,mine, it was an allergy to corn meal,,,..blood was from an irritated bowl because of the amount of corn in the bag..its undigestable ...hope this helps...phil

Thanks for that (and no I wasn't offended at all) I've never owned a dog before only cats so it's all new to me!
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-01-2009, 09:48 PM
oh boy...you are going to have the time of your life...nothing like a best friend for life....good luck and keep on asking questions.....pics please ....phil
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2009, 08:43 AM
I don't think you need to "rsuh" her to the vets if there is only a small amount, but if it continues or gets any worse then yes.
Just call on Monday otherwise and make an appointment as you really can never be too careful.
In terms of what you are feeding her it's got to be your choice really and maybe the vet can offer some advice. Has she been wormed?
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >