View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2009, 07:31 PM
im a size 14 to hun, but thats way to big for me, im only 5ft 4"..... 5 years ago I was a size 8/10 it just seems to have sneeked on over the last few years, more so after I had a bad run of things with my back and hips,,,,
skjerstad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2009, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by bens mum View Post
good site to look at is food focus, its an online diary. it gives u targets. u put in what u have eaten, it converts it to calories, also all the exercise u do, it really helps u, makes u stop and think about what goes in the shopping basket.
If you get down about it it doesn't help. Have just signed up to Food Focus, it looks like a good site, doesn't cost anything but helps you keep an eye on what you're doing.

I lost 3 stone at the end of 07 but over the last 8 months have put on a stone and a half again. I'm not happy with it and we are going on a beach holiday in three weeks time. I really need a kick up the bum too. If you want some moral support then get in touch and we can keep a check on what we're eating and how much exercise we are managing to get. I find it really hard when I'm working long days and my parents are taking the dogs out, I just come home, talk to bf on msn and do some basic house work before I go to bed, so I'm hardly doing much for my fitness that's for sure.
Like I say, if you want some company, if it'll help get you into it, then I'm here as I'm sure are quite a few others at this time of year.
Chin up, we can do this.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2009, 08:34 PM
Thank you all for your kind words and support, I'll 'talk' to you all individually on Friday night, going away for a couple of days and I'm just trying to get organised at the moment.

Caroline, I'll be taking you up on that offer of moral support, we can help each other. Speak to you when I get back.
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-01-2009, 10:13 PM
I use My Calorie Counter. I have an awful relationship with food, and never kept a food diary until I tried My Calorie Counter. I actually find it really motivating - every day it tells me what my desired calories are, how many I have eaten and how many I have left. I get a real kick out of seeing that I've managed to eat three sensible meals for only two thirds of my daily allowance and I've found that because I'm honest on my journal, I am more likely to say "no thanks" to a biscuit or chocolate bar because I don't want to have to log it in the journal!

Good luck with your weight loss
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2009, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by Sez & Amber View Post
I use My Calorie Counter. I have an awful relationship with food, and never kept a food diary until I tried My Calorie Counter. I actually find it really motivating - every day it tells me what my desired calories are, how many I have eaten and how many I have left. I get a real kick out of seeing that I've managed to eat three sensible meals for only two thirds of my daily allowance and I've found that because I'm honest on my journal, I am more likely to say "no thanks" to a biscuit or chocolate bar because I don't want to have to log it in the journal!

Good luck with your weight loss
Going to have a look at that calorie counter tonight, Sez, thanks!

I've been good since last week, been eating well and have really cut back. Had Maltesars though when I was in London, but hat was allowed!

So far, so good though and I already feel as if I've lost a couple of lbs, either that or I'm just as bloated as I was before.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2009, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by Adele-84 View Post
Ok Nicola firstly size 14 is not big!!! Thats just normal !
Anyway its about how you feel, so I totally know where your coming from. Im a 10 on the bottom, and a 12 on top, and I feel big sometimes, I now go to the gym most lunch breaks (we have one in our office!) its great for toning up but iv not lost much actual weight. About 3 years ago I was a 14-16 but I was unhappy so comfort eating. Then I got ill, (without boring you all too much, I had a breast cancer scare, it was a non cancerous tumour in the end which I had surgically removed) I lost over 2 stone, and got down to a 10, since then ive gone up and down a bit but not massively. Last summer for holiday I did the cereal diet, with a bowl for breaky and a bowl for lunch, then a healthy balanced meal in the evening. It lost about 4lb in the 2 weeks, which was quite good ! Good luck, im sure you will get lots of support on here. My friend got lots of people to sponser her weight loss, £ for a lb, and she donated it all to dogs trust !
No, a 14 isn't big but if I carried on the way I was it wouldn't be long before I was up to a 20, believe me! I will not let myself get that far!

I'm doing well just now though, fingers crossed!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2009, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
im a size 14 to hun, but thats way to big for me, im only 5ft 4"..... 5 years ago I was a size 8/10 it just seems to have sneeked on over the last few years, more so after I had a bad run of things with my back and hips,,,,
Shona, I can't even remember being a size 10!
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2009, 07:09 PM
dont be hard on your self ,im the same size . its xmas that dos it ,every year im the same .get brought all sorts of goodies ,i put pair trousers on for work today ,they were really tight .im going to cut the drink out ,and just cut down in general . mind you im at that age ,it dos come round the middle
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2009, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by queenwillow View Post
dont be hard on your self ,im the same size . its xmas that dos it ,every year im the same .get brought all sorts of goodies ,i put pair trousers on for work today ,they were really tight .im going to cut the drink out ,and just cut down in general . mind you im at that age ,it dos come round the middle
I have to be hard on myself now, Tracey, otherwise my size and my eating habits will get even more out of control!

It isn't even just xmas that has affected me, it's every normal day too.

Good luck with your cutting down, you should fit in to your old trousers soon.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2009, 08:27 PM
I'm a size 14, are you saying there is something wrong with a size 14?

I'm bordering on a 12 now mind and I do feel a lot happier than when a 14 was tight and I was the same, would NOT go past 14. A food diary is good because you KNOW that if you pig out you have to go and write it in your diary and that shames you to yourself. Always check how many calories are in what you are scoffing and write it in your diary and then tot up how many cals you are having per day and just try cutting it down. After a while you learn by heart how many most of your fave things are.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >