Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-05-2005, 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by Christine
I started giving yoghurt & actimel on the advice of a couple of h/pathic vets to my dogs when they were recovering from parvo as pups, not as a cure but to help their intestine recover & replace the good bacteria They had it on a regular basis for a couple of yrs because it left them with a delicate tum. Fine now tho & they`re 4yrs old
None of my dogs have been intolerant to yoghurt but my eldest one always had dire rear with milk but she has no problem whatsoever with goats milk
Minds probably bit slow this morning but not sure what the confusion is about yoghurt, sorry???
Christine
Hi Christine no confusion I don't think ....some of us recently read the piece about yogurt and stomach acid taken from Journal of Small Animal Practice Vol. 35 I posted the relevant quote because it is interesting and quite hard to find, but many of us feed/have fed yogurt anyway because it is nutritious and easily digested for those dogs who are not lactose intolerant.
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

03-05-2005, 05:58 AM
Ahhhh right Mini, see what you mean now
Think a few of the zzillions of good bugs they contain will manage to get down there & do the job
Christine.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2