Female 

07-12-2008, 05:46 PM
Oh what a delemma
I really hope Kismet will be ok.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2008, 07:28 PM
her colour is still good, though she is still more depressed than I'd like. She managed a few mouthfuls of her dinner and is still keeping water down. I think I'm going to try sitting up with her all night and take her to the vet first thing in the morning...
wish us well
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-12-2008, 07:46 PM
oh poor kismet i hope she's alright, weill keep my fingers crossed for you.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2008, 07:46 PM
I would actually take all food away, just in case. You can't go wrong by letting her drink plenty, so keep filling her water bowl up. It's not imperative that she eats at the moment, and it could cause her more problems. Even if it is just a bug, why run the risk of her icking it up again! Apart from that, you want to give her digestive system a rest, in case it's inflamed, so if I were you, just let her drink clean, fresh water for now until you can get to the vet tomorrow. All the best, finger's crossed she hasn't got a blockage
DalaiMama
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-12-2008, 07:49 PM
I certainly am sending good wishes to you both, hope all goes well.

You did mention in your first post that one of your other dogs was off-colour, I wonder if it is a doggie-bug. Ours had something like this all three of them, one after the other. We starved them for 24 hours and they were fine after that.

Just a thought but she may be sensing your upset and worry and that might be contributing to her looking so sorry for herself. I know my Pointer is sensitive and if I worry he gets worried himself.

Really hope you have a peaceful night and she feels better tomorrow. Good luck x
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2008, 07:59 PM
Fingers crossed here and goodluck for tomorrow.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2008, 09:39 PM
I agree with Helena - remove the food, but make sure she has plenty of water. Fingers crossed all goes well overnight, hon - I'll be thinking of you x
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2008, 09:45 PM
Oh hun, fingers crossed for a peaceful night for you and Kismet... I would agree to withdraw all food and just give her clean fresh water, maybe cooled boiled water??? Just incase it is a bug, that is what I do with mine, when they have iffy bellies
Good luck Kismet, sending you ((((gentle hugs)))) and setter kisses xxx
gemma riley
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-12-2008, 10:40 PM
Just to let you know

There is currently a virus going around in all dogs. Symptoms are sickness and the poops, going off food and being lethargic. Mine have all had hot ears aswell.

I have had three of mine come down with is so far and the symptoms have been the same. They have all picked up in three days and the poops have gone away. I only found out about this as alot of huskies have had the same thing presumabley picked up from rallies that dogs have attended.

Just make sure the dog has easy access to fresh water.

Gemmsie
x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2008, 06:50 AM
Morning Taz.....

How's Kismet this morning?

x0x
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >