View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Callum
Dogsey Senior
Male 

29-11-2008, 10:10 AM
Well I got an hours sleep on the couch. Add that to the 4 i got b4 waking with it at 0430 it could be worse. Esp if I had a runny nose!
I hate that

My coughing has eased and the temp is above 0c now, yaaay. usually I would be eating soothers all the time but couldnt buy any last week and had to resort to Lockets (yuk) BUT I got the blackcurrent I think they were to do me til I got to some soothers BUT Im gonna go back to the lockets!! They are nicer than soothers

I hope we all feel better Vsoon
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2008, 10:28 AM
Thanks for all the good advice everyone

I just popped into the village and saw the pharmacist, he could hear my cough (apparently there's a lot of it about at the moment), and has given me some codeine linctus as that should ease the inflammation of my windpipe and leave a lining on it so that it soothes it...and I have to admit that its started working already!, he also said that the honey and lemon strepsils are the best for this sort of thing, so I have a box of them now too

He told me to take double the recommended dose to start with but did warm me it might make me drowsy thats not too much of a problem as I don't have any plans for today, other than walking Leon again at lunchtime...maybe I should put my roller skates on and just let him have a free reign
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2008, 10:31 AM
my son has this cough at the moment, i feel so sorry for him as he is coughing so bad

he wont go doctors as they may give him another inhaler and this will delay going in the army again

but i am really worried about him

hope everyone who has it is feeling better soon
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2008, 10:31 AM
Glad your feeling better.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2008, 10:41 AM
There are a type of cough sweets called Jakemans. they come in a black bag. i get mine from our local spa but I know you can also get them in Boots. they come in afamily style bag rather than a tube. they are really effective at getting down to the chest and soothing the area which hurts when you cough.I always have some in. they are life savers here.

Here is alink.....

http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/jakemans...eets-p-94.html
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2008, 11:00 AM
i read some thing that might help. rub viv on the bottoms of your feet, and wear thick socks, i know sounds silly but it sposed to help.
so why not give it a try .
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2008, 05:27 PM
Thanks again all, I have to admit that I feel awful today, but the codeine linctus does definately soothe the throat, it just doesn't last long enough, but is far more effective than cough mixture.
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2008, 05:52 PM
Sorry to hear your bad, I have ot this cough to I had it last year over christmas to.
I have to have a red inhaler and my blue one It does help with the coughing but not the sore chest

Hope you and e eryon else is feeling better soon. xxx
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

30-11-2008, 05:58 PM
The Co-op Bronchial Mixturre is good for this sort of thing. You dilute it with boiled weater.

I would warn you though it tastes like Creosote amells, but it doe soothe.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2008, 06:00 PM
Thanks Sarah-Jane & Eunice xx

I've had that Co-op one before Eunice...I didn't read the label properly and took it neat first time...nearly skinned the lining off my throat
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >