View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2008, 05:48 PM
I agree with Pidge, a petition may be a start. There must be more horror stories out there.. Maybe get Watchdog or the BBC interested, follow up their Kennel club expose!
linrob
New Member!
Female 

10-11-2008, 05:50 PM
How do you get a petition started and who does it get sent to?
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2008, 05:51 PM
http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/
linrob
New Member!
Female 

10-11-2008, 05:52 PM
great minds, my friend suggesed watchdog this afternoon !
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2008, 06:01 PM
SOrry but the only way you get a pedigree dog with the proper health tests and KC regd is to go to a reputable breeder..and ask the right questions and see the papers BEFORE parting with your money
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-11-2008, 06:09 PM
I'm sorry, but I'm always very suspicious of anyone who will sell puppies on the spot I know it's hard when you let your heart rule your head, but when I was looking at the possibility of a pedigree puppy, all the breeders I approached for information wanted to meet myself and my OH before we even went on their waiting list, and quite rightly so. I think you must also differentiate between breed club registered and KC registered. I daresay if I fancied it, I could start a lurcher club and "register" my dogs with it, but it certainly wouldn't be official in any way.

I would see what you can do under the trades description act. Even if you were only verbally told that your pup was a purebred and registered dog, they've still mis-sold her to you. It is illegal to sell unwell animals, regardless of species, but because they volunteer to have their own vet see her, you might be stuck there.
linrob
New Member!
Female 

10-11-2008, 06:14 PM
yes i know that as my other dogs were from a reputable breeder.But i had no reason to disbeleive their advert for "PEDIGREE" Dogs until i saw the supposed "papers" i was well and truly duped as i am an honest person and didnt beleive for one minute that i was being lied to.I am just trying to warn others about these rogue puppy sellers !
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2008, 06:17 PM
It's easy to pass judgement when you view the situation from the outside. I think it's good of you to admit your mistake linrob and come on here to warn others, just in case.
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2008, 06:23 PM
This store invented their own registration scheme .... I live in the area of their first store - we get lots of their pups at dog club - many bear minimal resemblance to the breed they are supposed to be and the papers are often total garbage too - next door have a Pomeranian with "papers" some of the dogs in the papers are famous ESS and Labs ... and the dog herself is almost as big as my collie!

There is a fab website working towards getting rid of puppy farm and puppy superstores - pm me if you would like the link to their forum.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2008, 06:26 PM
So sorry this has happened to you, but please try and put it behind you now and give Sally the life she deserves.

x0x
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >