View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2008, 01:42 PM
I wouldn't recommend butter either as it's a dairly product and real butter is very fattening.

Meat pastes, like the sandwich spreads in small jars, are a great alternatve.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2008, 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
I wouldn't recommend butter either as it's a dairly product and real butter is very fattening.

Meat pastes, like the sandwich spreads in small jars, are a great alternatve.

I agree that butter may not be good, being a dairy product but aren't the sandwich spreads full of additives and preservatives? I give my Chis natural live goat yoghurt as a treat, is there not goat butter? I don't know, have never looked, but that may be an answer.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2008, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
I agree that butter may not be good, being a dairy product but aren't the sandwich spreads full of additives and preservatives? I give my Chis natural live goat yoghurt as a treat, is there not goat butter? I don't know, have never looked, but that may be an answer.
I've no idea if there is such a thing as goat butter, CheekyChi! There probably is though, would be interesting to find out!

Yes, some of the pastes probably are but I'd rather feed that than butter. Though I don't feed either! I'm sure you get more healthier ones, and possibly organic. No idea! Pate might also be an idea. I just don't like the idea of dairy products and dogs! (Though I admit that mine share a cone once or twice a year on really hot days, but no more than that. Not good, I know. )
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2008, 01:55 PM
Cheese is good to put in a Kong. Not too much though - don't want porky doglets!

P.S. Both my two eat peanut butter no probs but they get literally one teaspoon smeared on the inside of the kong, not a kong filled with PB
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-11-2008, 06:27 PM
hey guys, i did some reasearch,and it looks like dogs can form an allergey,it was a treat for my pack,a little inside a marrow bone...we have now stopped,one of the dogs develobed the allergy after months of no troubles,it was her ears that broke out ,its a symtom....vomiting also, it was recommended to me so i tried it...
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-11-2008, 06:32 PM
oh ,buy the way,i was not sure if it was p/b,trial and error narrowed to to p/b.....there are lots of people who do this as iv been reading,this is new to me and my wife, i never gave it to any of the pups before this.
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-11-2008, 06:38 PM
greats posts ,folks, thank you for your input...phil
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2