Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
I think you might be a little obsessed with weight loss.........

Ok, that may have sounded a bit harsh, but I have a bee in my bonnet about self-worth.

YOU are worth as much, if not more, than all those around you - never forget that.

It took me 32 years to stop dieting and I've never been happier than when I started loving myself.
Have to agree, Vicki.

My best friend had suffered from eating disorders (yes, more than one!) for the best part of 20 years. A few month ago, at only 33 years of age she was told by her consultant that she has 2 choices left...get better or die

I can't put into words what it feels like to watch your best friend literally dying before your eyes because her own self image is so terrible that it has completely blinded her to the fact that there are many, many people who love her and just want her alive and well...however she looks and whatever size she is
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-10-2008, 09:07 PM
If you really want to see weight loss my mum has done a fab job and hopefully I'll get there too!!

Mum @ her heaviest

Mum now - taken 2 weeks ago

And she is still losing weight - currently saving money up to have an operation to get rid of her excess skin - she has lost 8 stone and counting through excerise and healthy eating and we're all very proud My mum did this due to her having diabetes, and she doesnt constantly calorie count she still has her takeaways and chocolate.It's ok to diet for the right reasons but I think it's unhealthy to let it take over your life!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 09:08 PM
Oh dear.

I have to say I've been fat and I've been thin.

I lost over 7 stone when I had Charlie and I can regularly lose that amount as you all know, but the weight isn't the issue, what's behind ANY issue with food is the issue.

Don't play into the thin is better myth..... my cousin was on the same ward as Lena Zavaroni, my cousin survived but of course Lena died due to her anorexia..... and tbh Thinspiration is a word used by pro-anorexia websites and really is nothing to be inspired by at all.

What you may think of as ideal many might not.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2008, 07:47 AM
I couldn't open the link to see what its all about

I have to confess that I am one of these that is constantly worried about my weight...I have a fixation with it but fortunately it has not caused me to go down the anorexia route (I think its the love of chocolate that prevents me going all the way). I also have a problem with the way I look, other people can't seem to see the same person that I see...I've been saying for years that if I had the money to have everything changed with plastic surgery then I would do it.

However, with my recent scare it has put everything into perspective...I was carrying excess weight and Clive still loved me...ok he teased the life out of me as these rolls of fat were appearing but I think that was his way of keeping a light hearted attitude about what could be a life threatening situation. He is constantly telling me how pretty I am and my parents tell me I am beautiful.. (of course, thats only in their eyes), if I had a choice of being a supermodel and having a serious illness...or be myself and healthy, then I choose the second option every time.

I fully agree about losing weight for medical reasons but if its just for vanity reasons, (like me), then it should be done with great caution. I am now just going to continue to eat healthy food, have the occasional bar of chocolate and think of more important things I can spend my money on instead of improving my looks.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2