View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-10-2008, 05:27 PM
Please don't let it worry you. The Vet. was probably covering his back side, it's quite common in all proffessions these days, no one wants to risk accusations that they didn't give the appropriate advice regardless of whether the patient is in a position to act on it or not.

As everyone has said, if the people doing the home visits are happy you've nothing to worry about.

I can't say what is too much exercise but with a dog it's far better to give them plenty of exercise than none at all. That much I do know!!

For a better 'bedside manner' could you switch to another Vet. or do you get whoever is free when you walk in?
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2008, 07:55 PM
It's mainly whoever is free when we make the appointment unfortunately. I shouldn't take things to heart so much I guess.

Ben McF - I can feel her ribs if I press hard so she is still a bit over. But she has a waist now at least
spaceman
Dogsey Junior
Male 

17-10-2008, 09:13 PM
Sounds like you and the vet are singing from the same hymn sheet – both saying the dog could do with losing a bit. Give yourself a big pat on the back – you’ve achieved loads, the last couple of pounds aren’t going to fall off as quickly (bit like us dieting hoomans!).

I feed Arden Grange. Have a word with Vanessa, their nutritionist, she’s really helpful and surprisingly impartial bearing in mind she’s on the payroll! See if you can twist her to send a decent sized sample of the Lite.
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2008, 05:58 PM
sounds like you are doing a great job hun, if it would help let the dog trust know what the vet said and if they say ok no probs we will change the food great if not and they are happy go with it but that way you now you have told them and it is on record as well for you hun. keep up the good work. xxxx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2008, 06:01 PM
from what I know of you hun.... there is no way you would do anything except improve any dog you have... dont let it worrie you.. as you say.. the vet didnt see her to begin with.. hugs...x
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2008, 04:20 PM
Thanks guys We're having a home visit on Friday so I'll be telling them what the vet said. I don't think they'll want to provide a different food (apart from it being more expensive it would be to complicated for them to tailor individual dog's diets).
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2