Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
artemis
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-09-2008, 12:46 PM
Hi Sue

Know exactly how you are feeling right now. My first bit of wisdom is to go back to your GP and be honest with him about how you are feeling. There are lots of anti-depressents available and they suit people differently. Prozac for example can make people feel anxious which for me would be a no no. I sometimes have days when the whole world seems to be ending and I end up a complete mess. Weep and wail a lot and shut myself away from everybody. Its a bit like being in mourning for someone lost but worse really as they are still about. It does get easier but takes a long time. There is no shame in feeling so bad it is just because you care and have feelings and emotions which cannot just be forgotten instantly. Some people have the ability to just shut the other person out. Others cant and end up an emotional wreck. Try to focus on the positive things in your life. Its not easy and you will have days when you simply cant. Thats ok too. Please pm me if you want to chat. I will tell you about my situation. It might make yours seem not too bad! x
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2008, 01:17 PM
hi guys
thanks for the messages of support. feel so alone some of the time and hurting because instead of turning to his family for help he should be turning to me. guess i am going to hang in.

thanks for all the suggestions - helena the vouluntary work might be a good idea to keep me busy - there is only so much cleaning a girl can do. i have never known the house to be so tidy. started on the garden today.....

i guess am a person that cant just shut the other person out and get on with living. i wish i could be just like it would be so much easier. i am seeing the gp again on tuesday and will be honest on how down i am feeling. the gp has already referred me to counselling but there is a wait of about 6 weeks.

it doesnt help having to cope with all the other pressures and its the not knowing what is going on - whether or not he is going to reappear in my life. he has told his daughter he wants to come home but needs to sort himself out. i dont think he really understands how much he hurts me when he behaves in this way

sue
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2008, 03:39 PM
So sorry to hear this Sue. No advice from me, just know we are here for you if you need us. xxxxx
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2008, 04:40 PM
big hugs Sue.xx

I hope the GP can come up with something better for you. I know Paul had to have a few changes before they found the right one to help him.
Sadly the oh's of people with mental issues can be dragged down by their negative emotions.
Try the volunteer work, it may well be the break you need.

you're in my prayers x
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2008, 09:54 PM
Sorry to hear your having problems. I've been through a lot this year too, seperation then divorce and found it hard as I was also homeless for 8 months and had to live with friends. It's hard and the only thing that got me out an about and feeling better in myself was getting a part time job. I met lots of new people and had a laff. I felt so much better in myself.

It's hard and you will come out of it but it does take time, patience and a lot of support from others and family.

Things will look up for you.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2008, 10:38 PM
Hi Sue, I have been thinking of you hun. I am sorry to hear your still very much in the same place as you were. As someone else said your OH mental condition, will not help with his positive thinking and I hope I am not going to sound cruel, but I think until he is definately positive thinking, it is wise that he stays where he is.
We struggle at times to speak to those that we really love, there are times when we really would like to say things, but we know that we will hurt the other person, and because of love we keep quiet or even just say what we think we should say.
Sometimes we leave things and then it becomes harder to face the other person, we feel ashamed of ourselves, and embarrassed for all the hurt that we are causing, words no longer seem to be enough. I think M needs time to sort out his head, and depending on how much is going on in his head, it will take time.
But Honey, you too need this time to find yourself, you are a wonderful person, kind thoughtful and think of others, as you have done with your boys and M, now you need to find you,and love yourself again Hun, this will not be easy, as I know how low you are. Remember what your Gran would of said, look at yourself and see what a wonderful person you REALLY are.
I think you will rise above all of this in time and come out of this dark place a much stronger and wiser person, I have told you many many times I am here for you anytime night or day and so is everyone else, go back to the doctor on Tuesday and tell him everything, how your feeling, how you see yourself, and how you see the world/life at the moment. Then tell him how you would like to feel, stay strong hun, believe me you have such alot going for you.........honest xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2008, 07:00 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Hi Sue, I have been thinking of you hun. I am sorry to hear your still very much in the same place as you were. As someone else said your OH mental condition, will not help with his positive thinking and I hope I am not going to sound cruel, but I think until he is definately positive thinking, it is wise that he stays where he is.
We struggle at times to speak to those that we really love, there are times when we really would like to say things, but we know that we will hurt the other person, and because of love we keep quiet or even just say what we think we should say.
Sometimes we leave things and then it becomes harder to face the other person, we feel ashamed of ourselves, and embarrassed for all the hurt that we are causing, words no longer seem to be enough. I think M needs time to sort out his head, and depending on how much is going on in his head, it will take time.
But Honey, you too need this time to find yourself, you are a wonderful person, kind thoughtful and think of others, as you have done with your boys and M, now you need to find you,and love yourself again Hun, this will not be easy, as I know how low you are. Remember what your Gran would of said, look at yourself and see what a wonderful person you REALLY are.
I think you will rise above all of this in time and come out of this dark place a much stronger and wiser person, I have told you many many times I am here for you anytime night or day and so is everyone else, go back to the doctor on Tuesday and tell him everything, how your feeling, how you see yourself, and how you see the world/life at the moment. Then tell him how you would like to feel, stay strong hun, believe me you have such alot going for you.........honest xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
have pmd you

suexx
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2