View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2008, 09:03 AM
Oh no thats really sad, i hope your ok, i know how it can play on your mind... Willow caught a rabbit the other day, I was mortified, luckily being a terrier she killed it pretty instantly, but it was so sad, I just wanted to bring it back to life... Sening hugs to you...(((hugs))) xxxxx
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2008, 09:12 AM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
Have had cats all my life and have saved lots of little creatures and set them free again, knowing that they will die of fright. I probably should have done what you did but could never bring myself to, be proud you though more of it than yourself x
Yep, i did this only the other day, when one of my cats brought a mouse in to play, took it back out in the garden and put it where the cats couldnt get to it, it did disappear but whether it survived or not i dont know, cant bring myself to kill them.

You are a braver person than i am,

hugs to you xxx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2008, 09:39 AM
Soppy lot, aren't we?
xxx
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2008, 11:37 AM
How horrible for you, you're right, it is one of those things that stays with you. Max has grabbed a few shrews and mice in his time. Fortunately all died pretty quickly, within seconds. The only creature I ever had to help on it's way was a great big moth at work, I don't know what had got it but it was missing part of a wing and leg etc and was pretty damaged and was just going round in circles. It took me a while to sum up the courage to squish it, even though I knew it was suffering. Hugs to you for having the courage to help end his suffering.x
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2008, 12:27 PM
Awwwww hugs hun but heaps of respect for you doing the right thing.I've had to do it to a wee bird now and then when I have been on my travels and I have had to release a rabbit from my neighbours cats mouth too.The rabbit was fine and bolted away,but then the cat had it by the scruff looked like it was carrying a wee kitten.xxxxxxxx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2008, 04:05 PM
Something else that's unpleasant is that all the moths seem to be dying at once. Whereas just the other day I was pointing them out to my two year old, now I am trying to explain why they no longer move ... . Think I need a more cheerful thread .
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2008, 04:16 PM
Awww know how you're feeling Lucky and these things stay on our minds forever. Cassie got a rabbit one day in the horse's field, but I don't think she had tried to kill it, coz when I went over to her I told her to kill it, it was lying there trembling, but all she did was sort of push it and play with it, so I had to do the job myself and it made me feel sick! That was years ago now, but I still remember it like it was yesterday.

Same as Steph too, we have loads and loads of roadkill around here, foxes, squirrels, and then lots of badgers of late and I feel so awful when I see them alongside the road, I let out a big "awwwwwww" to myself as I'm driving along too, I just can't help it!

The other day, one of my blackbirds was dead upside down in the bird bath, and I couldn't rest until I found out why, so I searched and searched the net, then I thought it was a cat, but Dave said a cat wouldn't just leave it there, and then this morning, the builders behind my house, told me there's two big birds of prey hanging around at the moment so that's probably what happened and they dropped it or something Then the next day, I see one of my baby blackbirds all puffed out and breathing stressfully, so I had to watch it all blooming day, then I phoned my vet who said they would take him in, but I couldn't catch him then, he just flew off into the hedge, only to come back again doing the same thing later on, and now he's gone forever, I'm only left with 3 when I usually have four youngsters at a time, so I just know he didn't make it

What a depressing old week it's been for both of us hey!!! We should toughen up mate!!!!! Puff sleeves are all the rage now though Lucky, so that should cheer us up!!!! Lol! I'm sure you remember that one!!!!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2008, 04:21 PM
You cheeky so-and-so, as if! ( ).
Natalia_leigh
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-08-2008, 04:33 PM
Aww it is an awful thing to do but everyone knows it was the right thing to do at the time. I hope it doesnt upset you for to much longer
Natalia_leigh
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-08-2008, 04:34 PM
* Awfull thing to have to do*
Sorry i read my message back it sounded rather awful its self oops
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >