View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stevel
Dogsey Junior
Male 

12-08-2008, 11:18 AM
I've had a couple and they are nothing to worry about. because I am needle phobic I had mine done with no sedation and, yes it was a little uncomfortable but nothing to worry about.

All the best to Dave.

Steve
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2008, 11:44 AM
Thanks guys, and thanks for the reassurance there, I'll pass that on. The time is nearing and I think he's getting a bit fidgety! He's never been near a hospital in his life apart from to visit me or mum, so it's about time he had a turn! I will be driving him down there, after which he'll be well grateful for the sedation after an experience like that

Apparently, they fill him up with gas before inserting the camera So I'm taking some of mum's Tenna lady pants for his journey home in MY car !!!!!!! It's very windy down here this morning, and it's gonna be even windier later on, I can feel it in my water! Poor Dave!
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2008, 11:50 AM
Good luck, fingers crossed everything will be fine.
Irish Setter Mu
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-08-2008, 11:51 AM
Hope everything goes well. Fingers crossed for you.

What is it with men & doctors? My hubby has had a red mark on his back for ages (not quite 15 years but I'm sure it's double figures!) - it is about the size of a 10p piece and looks a bit like a burn. He finally went to the doctor a while back about something completely different but got the doctor to look at his back anyway.

To cut a long story short, it is a basal cell carcinoma and he was treated a couple of weeks ago with liquid nitrogen. He has to go back in October for a check up.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2008, 12:05 PM
You saying that, my care lady was telling me this morning about her first husband. He hadn't been to the doctor for year and years either (definitely a man thing then!), and she managed to persuade him to about something quite insignificant, and said to him "whilst you're there, get him to take a look at that mole on your back", which he did. He was sent STRAIGHT down to the hospital, had an operation to remove it coz it was a malignant melanoma!!!! Sadly, very sadly indeed, she lost him one year on. So all you men reading this, take note, there are times when you most definitely should seek medical advice, some things just won't get better on their own, no matter how much you wish it!

My husband has been passing a lot of blood for TWO years now without telling me!!!! Grrrrrr! The doctor thinks it's just prolyps, and that's what we're going on..... for the moment with everything crossed. They will tell him what they find when he's having the camera, I just hope to God he tells me the truth, the whole truth and nothing but!!!! Another thing you men can do to us - we'd rather know, honest we would!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2008, 12:08 PM
Poor Dave, I hope things are ok, hugs
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2008, 12:12 PM
Thanks Shona, and thanks for all your support with this too, I hope I don't have to ask for some help later on...... I'm one of life's eternal optimists me, he'll be fine! His only question was "is it in HD????" That's Dave all over, and that's probably why I've stuck around for the last 26 years, he always makes me laugh even at times like this!
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2008, 12:52 PM
hope everything goes ok fo dave

sue
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2008, 12:59 PM
Hope everything goes ok for Dave. *hugs*

and its not just men, Helena - I need wild horses to drag me to the doc!
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2008, 01:09 PM
Awwwww H huge hugs for you and Dave,I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that everythings gonna be fine,xxxxxxxxx
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »