Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2008, 06:03 PM
thanks hu you are all stars with helping me
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2008, 01:27 AM
Your welcome. As others have said. Contact all the vets in your areas. Pet Shops (pets at home are useless) You'll be surprised how generous people are. Try contacting Burns and Laughing Dog. Both has been very generous in the past.
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2008, 07:41 AM
thanks guys means alot to me xxxx and everyone that is helping
mandydog
Dogsey Junior
Male 

13-08-2008, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by megan57collies View Post
Royal Canin are good at donating but only if the chosen charity is for a dog charity.
but surely all proceeds from fun dog shows should always go to dog charities? It would be wrong for them to go anywhere else!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2008, 06:46 PM
When I organised one I contacted every dog food company going and loads of dog accesory (sp) companies. Rosettes I got from
marlinrosettes

They do boxes of 50 rosettes for £20 and that includes printing with whatever you want and we ordered a couple of bigger rosettes too. They also do numbers and prize cards although we got our prize cards and ring tape donated by one dog company it may have been pedigree who also gave us loads of carrier bags as well as goodies.
We ended up with so much stuff everyone got a prize who was placed and every child got a goody bag of stuff in the junior handling. We had loads of dog leads about 40-50 donated from I think it was science diet, although don't quote me.
We got a burger van in and he gave us a percentage of his takings. We also run a tombola and raffle and had a couple of doggy charity stalls.
We had obedience classes to.
An agility display is also a nice thing to have. The local scouts come in and organised the cars parking etc.
It was a really excellent fun day that made lots of profit for Lab Rescue.
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2008, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by mandydog View Post
but surely all proceeds from fun dog shows should always go to dog charities? It would be wrong for them to go anywhere else!
Not all dog shows are run for dog charities a lot of places have a fun dog show as part of the entertainment for a charity of the year. I have helped organise dog shows as part of a festivity raising funds for a hospice & for the RNLI as well as for dog charities.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2008, 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by mandydog View Post
I agree. I think proceeds from fun dog shows held for charities should always go to dog charities.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2008, 04:43 PM
We do a very successful one every year last year went to Yorkshire Air Ambulance i think.
gracelund
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-08-2008, 06:21 PM
I have a box of old horse rosette's if you want them, they'll need a tidy up though
RiverWild!
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-08-2008, 10:16 AM
Hit any business you can think of for sponsorship most are brill for raffle prizes, when you contact them send a copy of your schedule, they can then pick a class they would like to sponsor.
Ask around for trade stands, they pay for the pitch.

Good luck
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >