Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2008, 12:10 PM
just been on paypal and it says.....

At PayPal, protecting your account's security is our top priority. Recently, PayPal members have reported suspicious-looking emails and fake websites. These emails are not from PayPal and responding to them may put your account at risk. Please protect your PayPal account by paying close attention to the emails you receive and the websites you visit.

Please use the following tips to stay safe with PayPal:

Safe Log In: To log in to your PayPal account or access the PayPal website, open a new web browser (e.g., Internet Explorer or Netscape) and type in the following: https://www.paypal.co.uk
Greeting: Emails from PayPal will address you by your first and last name or the business name associated with your PayPal account. Fraudulent emails often include the salutation "Dear PayPal User" or "Dear PayPal Member".
Email Attachments: PayPal emails will never ask you to download an attachment or a software programme. Attachments contained in fraudulent emails often contain viruses that may harm your computer or compromise your PayPal account.
Request for Personal Information: If we require information from you, we will notify you in an email and request that you enter the information only after you have safely and securely logged in to your PayPal account.

Often, fraudulent emails will request details such as your full name, account password, credit card number, bank account, PIN number, National Insurance Number, or mother's maiden name.
If you think that you have received a fraudulent email (or fake website), please forward the email (or URL address) to spoof@paypal.com and then delete the email from your mailbox. Never click any links or attachments in a suspicious email.

so its a scam....?
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2008, 12:12 PM
bothered now as ive had alot of emails from my bank and another bank (who im not with) saying probs with my account etc.....

i always ignored them

sick relaly the lengths people will goto..
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2008, 12:32 PM
I get loads and loads and loads of these day after day in my Yahoo box. Paypal, other banks, you name it, and I delete them all. I haven't even GOT a paypal account, and I've NEVER been on eBay either!!!! Bin it!
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2008, 12:42 PM
Ive had exactly the same e-mail

Jeanette
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2008, 12:46 PM
i get them lots ignore it it sounds like a spoof mail
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2008, 01:07 PM
Don't get worried by them Suze Can't go upsetting the recent birthday girl!

Like you say, it's sad what lengths people will go to but they do make money out of some unsuspecting people so it makes it worth it for them.

It is a scam if they have addressed you by your e-mail address and not by your name. Either delete it or forward it to paypal for them to follow up.

I go through phases of getting these, most of them allegedly from abbey national informing me that there is a problem with my bank account. The only problem with my abbey national bank account is that it is non existant! I also get a lot of e-mails from companies asking me if I would like to enhance my manhood
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2008, 02:06 PM
phew

thanks guys
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2008, 07:21 AM
I have recieved this email too on several occasions over the past couple of weeks. I have ignored it as my paypal is working ok on ebay and there on no messages there for me when I log in.
Its a scam of people trying to get your details I think. Report it to paypal.
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2008, 07:31 AM
I got one yesteray from Abbey National, as I dont even bank with them I just deleted it!
mrphilip
Dogsey Junior
Male 

02-08-2008, 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
I have recieved this email too on several occasions over the past couple of weeks. I have ignored it as my paypal is working ok on ebay and there on no messages there for me when I log in.
Its a scam of people trying to get your details I think. Report it to paypal.
Couldn't agree with you more.

I received this Paypal letter as well. But - following advice I received from our bank - any comunication that they will want to make with you will come off their website - and NOT first in an email

Golden rule - never disclose your bank details to anyone. The Banks - and Paypal already know them if you bank online
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2