View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2008, 03:40 PM
Schools close the end of June here, so we are half way through the summer hols.

On school days I walk the kids to school and head on with the dogs. So we walk from a bout 8.40am till 10am. Then a shorter walk in the afternoon.

Summer time the walk is about 11am and a shorter walk in the evening, though the short walk has been cut out of late due to a loose dog that attacked my two (the owner is choosing to ignore the Dog warden on the issue... whole other story).

I think it's cause of the change in people's routine that you see different dogs out and about that you don't usually see. I'm sure some of them are fair weather walkers; but people that regularly walk at 11am never see me about till then cos I'm usually back in the house having a cuppa by then. They must be tut tutting thinking I don't bother the rest of the year.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2008, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
The best bit about the school holidays for me is, I can actually get out in the car and get to where I want in reasonable time, instead of being stuck in bumper to bumper traffic no matter what direction I turn out of my village, if I want to get out between the hours of 8 and 9! The downside to that is, the shops are full of mums with half a dozen out of control kids, so I have to get back home early to avoid them, but it's much better this way around.

I'm not anti kid, but I only like nice, well behaved ones, and ones that don't scream their heads off whilst being dragged around the shops with their umpteen brothers and sisters! Mine wouldn't have been like that if I'd have had them, that's for sure!

At the moment, the pub over the road has a bouncy castle out all day, every day - so roll on winter I say. Every winter I tell myself to go and stick some very large pins in that blooming thing, but then I always forget!!!
LOL - I hear ya sister!!

Not having children of my own, I think I am less tolerant than some!! TBH, they do my head in on our estate when they are off school. Hanging around screaming and shouting and making a racket until quite late at night, don't they know I'm trying to have my glass of vino in peace!!

They are not that bad really - but I'm always grateful when term time begins again, especially when dark nights and cold weather comes and they aren't so keen on stopping out late (baaah-humbug!!!!!!!! I sound like I'm 90!! )
zoby
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-07-2008, 05:49 PM
we have been on holiday since late June so by this time the kids and dogs are all into a lovely routine of sleeping in 'til after 11am - bliss
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2008, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by zoby View Post
we have been on holiday since late June so by this time the kids and dogs are all into a lovely routine of sleeping in 'til after 11am - bliss
Kids sleepingtill after 11am!
You have to tell me your secret!!!

Last year mine were up around 7.30am every morning.... Why is it never easy to get them up that early term time?
This year thank goodness it's stretched till about 9am, 9.30; so I'm getting a nice lie in.

The dogs (thankfully) will lie and sleep till whatever time I get up.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2008, 01:44 PM
Nicest thing about summer is having lecturer hubby home for the whole six weeks - and being self employed so I can take the time off with him.
Then we and Missy can go for days out. We tend to go earlier in the morning, so that if places do get packed around midday, we can go for a drive or go home. I like children, but not screaming ones
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-07-2008, 06:30 PM
i'm no fan of children, so this isn't much fun for me... especially since the kids we live next door to insist on screeching day in day out, and they and all their friends play riiight outside our front gate despite there being a nice green right opposite us
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2008, 07:08 PM
Yes, same again here for me today on the kid front. The bouncy castle was in use all day long, right up until about half an hour ago. YOu wouldn't think it was a restaurant, it's more like a creche! Why oh why do they have to scream like that, but constantly?? I asked my mum if we screamed all the time like that and she said no, we played out in the garden but we didn't make much noise (can't believe that for one minute with me!!!! ) Personally, I'd rather have the drunken teenagers bit outside the front of my house instead of these screaming bratts!

Tesco was packed at 8.30 this morning with them running around bashing into my trolley, pulling stuff off the shelves, I suppose that was because they wanted to take them down the beach so got there early? Oh I wish they'd all stay in bed till 11.00 am. when I come back home just like zoby's got hers trained!
zoby
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-07-2008, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by Evie View Post
Kids sleepingtill after 11am!
You have to tell me your secret!!!
the secret is ....... let them stay up till midnight

they think we are being really cool and laid back but my cunning plan has worked lots of lovely lie-ins

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post

Tesco was packed at 8.30 this morning with them running around bashing into my trolley, pulling stuff off the shelves, I suppose that was because they wanted to take them down the beach so got there early? Oh I wish they'd all stay in bed till 11.00 am. when I come back home just like zoby's got hers trained!
Tescos at 8.30 woman you are mad!!!!!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2