View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2008, 10:06 AM
No is the answer anyone who takes performance enhancing substances should be sine die for life QED

Look @ Ben Johnson-got caught @ the Olympics, did his"time"& then cheated all over again

There's a world of difference between taking a over the counter remedy that contains a banned substance & deliberately taking a "designer"drug

I find it very strange that Linford Christie was tested "in retirement"& found to have taken an illegal substance(allegedly)yet all the random testing done during his career proved negative. the word "set up"come to mind.

It is the norm in the States & other countries for athletes to cheat by taking drugs designed to elude detection

The whole Olympic Team GB are to be tested before the 2008 games

It is only Great Britain that bans cheats from being included in the Olympic/commonwealth etc offical teams on a lifetime basis-the USA has no problem reselecting cheats after their bans have expired
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-07-2008, 10:38 AM
His 2nd chance comment is a load of crap aswell, he doesnt seem to realise is that he has been given a 2nd chance as he can compete in other competions and its only the oylmpics he is banned from, He should count himself lucky.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-07-2008, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
Part of it, the punishment is a 2yr worldwide ban and a life ban from the olympics. He served the 2yr ban but is challenging the olympic ban.
Thanks Stormey, it's pretty clear cut to me, the people in the athletics world have made the rules (A good time before he started cheating) so he has to live with it, I don't care if he's ten times faster than anyone else with or without drugs, he knew the risks and he got caught.

So he can still compete in atheletics, that should be enough. The Olympic ban was put in for a reason and no way should it be changed just on the whim of one runner who thinks it should be changed.

I perhaps should add that one of Stormeys threads I've already said I won't be watching the China Olympics
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2008, 05:47 PM
No, he shouldn't, definitely 100% no.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2008, 06:48 PM
Well I think he paid his price why shouldnt he run now? I mean look at Kieran Fallon, jockey. Cleared of race fixing but serving an 18mth ban for drug taking, he'll ride again when its over, why shouldnt Dwain run?
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-07-2008, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Well I think he paid his price why shouldnt he run now? I mean look at Kieran Fallon, jockey. Cleared of race fixing but serving an 18mth ban for drug taking, he'll ride again when its over, why shouldnt Dwain run?
Because the punishment for drug taking(athletics) is a 2yr worldwide ban and a lifetime olympic ban. Why should he be different to any other athlete?

I personally think it should have been a lifetime ban in all competions.
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2008, 07:10 PM
No, definately not, if he's allowed what message does that send out to our up and coming athletes, he should have been banned for life.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2008, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
Because the punishment for drug taking(athletics) is a 2yr worldwide ban and a lifetime olympic ban. Why should he be different to any other athlete?

I personally think it should have been a lifetime ban in all competions.
If thats the case why are they considering letting him run?
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-07-2008, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
If thats the case why are they considering letting him run?
UK athletics/sport or whatever they go by now dont want him to, but he is using every trick in the book and going to allsorts of different courts to get it over turned.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2008, 07:38 PM
He's determined then!!!
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >