Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2008, 08:27 PM
Well done, Missy
Missysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-07-2008, 08:44 PM
Thankyou everyone . I'm so on a high as this was Missy's first 1st today . I really didn't expect to win overall as there were some really nice dogs in the pedigree classes.
I'm just back from the stables , kept my pony in tonight out of all the rain we're having just now , so it took a wee while to get her stable ready for the night. She's tucked up all warm and cosy and she's happy to be in.
I'll need to upload pictures onto photobucket , so will get them posted soon.
Thanks again
zoby
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-07-2008, 08:53 PM
Well done Missy

what a wonderful day for both of you xxx
workinggsd
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-07-2008, 09:36 AM

Congratulations, to you both
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2008, 11:44 AM
Huge congrats to you both. I was hoping to get to Haddington Show yesterday but had my sister up looking at a Border Terrier pup so didn't make it. Was it a good show?

I look forward to seeing piccies.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2008, 12:31 PM
well done missy
AKitaChi
Dogsey Junior
Male 

06-07-2008, 03:58 PM
Excellent news. Congrats to you both.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2008, 09:02 PM
well done,, bet your chuffed to bits xx
Missysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-07-2008, 01:43 AM
Here are the photos as promised. Sorry for the delay , I was shattered after the show and me and Missy were giving it big ZZZZZZZZZZZ's .
This morning , (Sunday) , I went to the stables to see to Florrie and when I was leaving , something went "clunk" on my car and it wouldn't move . Had to call out the AA , who couldn't fix it there and then so the guy gave me a lift home . I'm waiting to hear back from a mobile mechanic to see when he can go fix it. Meanwhile I'm stranded at home with no car , but the AA guy said it shouldn't cost a lot to fix. The handbrake lever and the back passenger side wheel is jammed . He said it looks like the brake pads have slipped round and jammed up the wheel . After spending a few hours with my pony then having to wait for the AA , I was tired so dosed off to sleep when I got home .
I've finally uploaded my pics of Haddington Show , so for all who are waiting to see , here ya go .
Here she is , practising standing for the judge.

Then I changed her collar for her fine leather half check . Here we are being judged in the "Best Sporting Dog"
Walking round the ring.

Waiting in line , we are at the far end.

Standing up for the judge,

and moving.

Placed 2nd in Best Sporting .

Then we went in to the Open Dog (open to all pedigree breeds). We're in the middle next to the Rottie.

We won . The Beardie was 2nd and the Dachshund 3rd.

Here's our Red rosette .

We then went in for the "Championship" , against the other pedigree class winners and 2nd's . I couldn't believe when we were placed first . Ehh , Me ? .

And here she is with her 1st rosette and " Best In Show " shield .

Finally , here's Missy at home , showing of what she's won in the last week . The yellow rosette is the one she got last Sunday at a charity dog show , 3rd in Prettiest Bitch. The blue 2nd and the red 1st plus the shield , she won at Haddington

Shona , I'm STILL on a high . I have to thank YOU partly for this as I did come to one of your training sessions . And I used your method to get her to stand for the judge , dog "in front" then shuffle a step back or forward to place her legs. I hate seeing show Staffies " hung up" by their collar and lead. Your way works great and there's no need to fiddle about with her legs to get her to stand nicely ,THANKYOU SHONA ((((((((((HUGS)))))))))) .
Moobli , it's a shame you couldn't make it , maybe next year ? Haddington is an excellent show with loads of things to see .There's a show at Duns on 2nd August. There's 2 classes for working sheepdogs ," Collie Dog Trials" as well as a companion dog show with 3 pedigree classes , 2 cross breed and 5 novelty classes. I've heard it's a really good show .
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >