Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2008, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by Sez & Amber View Post
My OH and I were recently talking about how we would handle the boyfriend/girlfriend situation if we have kids, and he has vowed to be "world's most embarrassing dad", because his mum used to embarrass him horribly and he thinks of it as 'his turn'. My step-dad used to do it to me, but it just makes me cringe at the memory!
Well when Charlie was little, yes I could be embarrassing (baby pics etc) it was a good bribe to get him to behave lol.
But now he's growing up we have a deal.
I'll be the 'cool mum', ie I don't mind people round, being a taxi, getting nice food in when they come round, and I won't embarrass him as long as he sticks to the rules, which are made by me. Ie, being in at a certain time, doing things when I ask etc.

We've always had a very close relationship, so I hope it means he'll talk to me about stuff if he's worried or has questions.
buzzie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-01-2008, 02:00 PM
It sounds like you have a wonderful realationship with your son and I feel the plan to meet with the young lady's Mom is a very important one. Hope you enjoy your visit.
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-01-2008, 02:07 PM
Sounds like you and Charlie have a great understanding
Let us know how the Mothers' Meeting goes!
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2008, 02:54 PM
You are a great mum I dont think you will have any problems xx
skjerstad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2008, 03:09 PM
Becky stop worrying.
Michaela and Adam got together when they were 14, he lives a 30 mile round trip from ours and I did it night after night to make life easier for them.
I met his parents a few months into their relationship, he also has a twin!!!
Now they have been together for 3 1/2 years and I have a great fun with his family, they come here for a cuppa when they are in town shopping and his twin and g/f come here lots too. Michaela has been friends with the twins g/f for a few years too.
I think you are right to make contact with the other mum before she comes to the house, just so you know her name if nothing else lol.
You sound the same sort of mum as me, generally considered fairly kewl, fed the kids when they are over and make sure they all get home ok.
I got a hard time from some of the adults in my street for being so understanding, was even accused of having a dodgy relationship with daughters b/f, thankfully the fact that I had a good relationship with his parents saved me from getting into trouble!!! some folks can be so thick when all your doing is making your kids life a bit easier.

So, the bottom line, get to know her parents and do what makes you and your son happy, good luck.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2008, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by skjerstad View Post
You sound the same sort of mum as me, generally considered fairly kewl, fed the kids when they are over and make sure they all get home ok....

some folks can be so thick when all your doing is making your kids life a bit easier.
Exactly! You see to me its not so much me making their lives easier as it makes ours easier too.
I'd rather have kids round and know where they are than them hanging round sitting on benches coz they've no where to go.

As for feeding these two, I don't see them!

When he has friends round, ie boys, I'll cook them pizza, or take in popcorn if they are all watching a movie, etc. But with her it's different, for now at least.
Charlie has his own lounge leading to the garden, so they sit in there with the door shut playing the wii etc. You can hear them quite clearly and they aren't shut out the way completely as we all go through the room to get outside. But I bought some J2o's, got nice nibbles and remind Charlie to offer her a drink or ask if she's hungry. But she never is, so we drop her home and then Charlie says 'I'm hungry' lol
skjerstad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2008, 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by beckyc View Post
Exactly! You see to me its not so much me making their lives easier as it makes ours easier too.
I'd rather have kids round and know where they are than them hanging round sitting on benches coz they've no where to go.

As for feeding these two, I don't see them!

When he has friends round, ie boys, I'll cook them pizza, or take in popcorn if they are all watching a movie, etc. But with her it's different, for now at least.
. But I bought some J2o's, got nice nibbles and remind Charlie to offer her a drink or ask if she's hungry. But she never is, so we drop her home and then Charlie says 'I'm hungry' lol

Sounds very familiar. I always said I would rather they were under my roof and safe than hanging around the streets unsupervised and not alway safe.
Hungry boys, now what a surprise that is lol
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2