View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2007, 11:00 PM
go wee leon - i loved him just wanted to pick him up and put him in my pocket !!! and he is a local boy too !!

rhydian was too much - he didnt appeal to enough of an audience and i felt that everytime he sang a song they all sounded the same cos of his style of singing- brilliant voice but i would never have listened to him again through choice.

thought that leon was the deserving winner
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2007, 11:02 PM
I agree with Dawn all the way...
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2007, 11:05 PM
The thing that people HATED about Rhydian was his BIG head! He was vile in the beginning and had NO choice but to change his attitude otherwise he would of been voted out ages ago. I still think he is big headed and pompous, but by far he had the best voice, but I couldnt watch him, nor could I listen to him for any length of time, the type of music his voice suits doesnt appeal to me.
ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-12-2007, 11:08 PM
I didn't really care who won as I wouldn't buy a CD made by any of the finalists but Leon needed the win more as Rhydian will have hs choice of work come Monday.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2007, 11:10 PM
Rhydian did grow on me and I thoroughly enjoyed the showmanship of his performances. I thought Leon was a bit shaky and lacked confidence. HOWEVER, why oh why did Leon leave it till the last song to truly showcase his voice? The single he is releasing is fab, loads of range and emotion and some lovely high dramatic notes. My favourite changed right at the last moment. I just hope we get to hear Leon doing some more stuff like that and not just sticking with the swing tracks. well done Leon, the most progress and the most exciting career to watch develop.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2007, 11:12 PM
I'm glad Leon won. I dont think he had the best voice, but he had a bit of everything for everyone, and that's what it takes to keep people interested.

The freaky looking one was a classical singer, and he definitely had the best voice of the competition, but I didn't like listening to him as he turned every song into an opera, which I don't personally like !!

I think Leon was the most deserving.
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2007, 11:16 PM
I really don't rate the single at all and wouldn't buy it! It was obviously such a hit for mariah and whitney that i don't even remember it !

Sorry I don't agree with the majority here but I have been saying for weeks that leon should have gone the guy has absolutley nothing aout him he doesn't appeal to me at all.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-12-2007, 11:16 PM
I'm just glad Thelma and Louise (or whatever that pair were called) didn't win. They make Steps look like Joy Division.

I think Leon was better tonight but Rhydian (although less mainstream) is a better singer.

I doubt any of this years crop would have lasted long in previous years though.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2007, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
I'm just glad Thelma and Louise (or whatever that pair were called) didn't win. They make Steps look like Joy Division.
PMSL
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2007, 11:37 PM
Originally Posted by hayleybella View Post
I really don't rate the single at all and wouldn't buy it! It was obviously such a hit for mariah and whitney that i don't even remember it !

Sorry I don't agree with the majority here but I have been saying for weeks that leon should have gone the guy has absolutley nothing aout him he doesn't appeal to me at all.
I think the song was originally written for them, but it was never released.
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »