Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
abbie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 11:51 AM
It looks brilliant

I take ours out on the bike sometimes but the scooter looks much better. Thanks for pics
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-11-2007, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by inkliveeva View Post
Any breed can do it Colin, a 40lb dog can pull 150 / 200lbs, I really enjoyed it changed the usual boring walk into fun.
Michelle just seen this and said that if I got one of those for the dogs she would have to change my name to Ben Hurr.

Just out of curiosity how much was that scooter and harness set up and the most important thing for me is do they have brakes?
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 01:06 PM
That looks great fun, and he looked like he was having fun too, more pics please
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 01:22 PM
Colin if you google pawtrekker.com you'll find the site I got it from, that model was 225 quid yes it has brakes front and back thankfully the guys that put it together for me said its a good piece of kit ( they're Mountain bikers ), the guide line was 24.oo I think and the harnesses are around 24.00 too just depends on which type harness and whether you have to get custom made or not, to measure for the scooter harness you measure from the middle of the base of nech to the top of the breast bone and double it , my guys are 26 inches they had that size in. You can get a similar scooter from mission cycles its 125 quid but it does'nt have the brush - bow on the front, the bit that Inkas attatched to, the brush - bow helps the line not to get caught up in the front wheel.
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 01:28 PM
I think inka and the scooter looks fantastic. I would love to have a go at this, it looks scary but also so much fun.

About 6 months ago i was driving through a council estate, i did a double take as a scooter/sleigh thing wizzed past me with a lady stood on and 2 dogs pulled her. I was shocked as i just didn't expect to see something like that where i was, (she was on a wide pavement). But it looked amazing. I so wanted to speak to her but in the bat of an eyelid she was gone.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 01:44 PM
I would'nt go on the pavements...yet! would love to have that kinda confidence eventually, its one of those things I think you just have to take the bull by the horns and go for it, do it do it do it !
Did you see the wee shibu on the dog whisperer, what a lovely wee thing, great wee personalities.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 02:02 PM
You could look up Kickbike aswell.. or Belize bikes.. they are in Canada I think but it works out cheaper to get it brought over..

Gang lines and harnesses can also be bought from Phil Dixon at Culpeppers or Ewan Robertson at Snopeak.

I LOVE Bjorkis harnesses they are fab.. but hard to get a hold of.. I need another for Cruiser.. They come in lots of colours.. I have a purple and red.. (Need another purple as Cruiser has outgrown his and now needs a size 6!) I need purple to match my fabby gang lines
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the other suppliers Louise, I'll defo go have a look, cause pawtrekker did the stuff thats the only reason I got from there as I was'nt sure where else I'd get the stuff.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by inkliveeva View Post
Thanks for the other suppliers Louise, I'll defo go have a look, cause pawtrekker did the stuff thats the only reason I got from there as I was'nt sure where else I'd get the stuff.
No Probs Elaine
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

30-11-2007, 06:14 PM
Terrific vid - great to see and I enjoyed it. Lovely dog.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >