Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2007, 11:51 PM
I hope it helps to highlight the disgrace and horror of this so called sport
Don't we all, but the fact is nothing will ever change as there is too much money involved and money talks...... unfortunately.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2007, 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
Do you really think this amount of dogs escaped and elluded the owners to be found as strays months later, with none of the owners trying to find them or caring where they went.

Im sure all the breeders of these dogs were just clamering to get them back as well of course.

Well I suppose if theres nothing wrong with people dumping these dogs when they are no longer useful then people wont see what the list is hoping to achieve.
Im not really that bothered if Im honest Spot, there are plenty of "stray" dogs of all breeds, all ages, out there, I think they all deserve a chance. The breeders of pedigree pet breeds should be named and shamed too!

As you know I LOVE Greyhound racing, always have and always will. Im off later today to look at 4 youngsters, cant wait.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2007, 11:02 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
The breeders of pedigree pet breeds should be named and shamed too!
Agree 100% and I think there would be considerably less breeding if it did happen although there will always be those who are very thick skinned!
Becky
spot
Dogsey Veteran

23-11-2007, 12:55 PM
Im not really that bothered if Im honest Spot, there are plenty of "stray" dogs of all breeds, all ages, out there, I think they all deserve a chance. The breeders of pedigree pet breeds should be named and shamed too!

As you know I LOVE Greyhound racing, always have and always will. Im off later today to look at 4 youngsters, cant wait.
I am aware your not bothered by what goes on Dawn and see nothing wrong with the dogs being PTS in whatever way after they have served their purpose.

I am not a regular track goer, in fact I have been Greyhound racing only once in my life! and I do appriciate the plight of some of these dogs, and those that try to help.
Dawn.
I understand you say you love greyhound racing and always have but I feel that one trip up until recently perhaps does not make you an expert. I know you've said that you have friends who are involved but again your lack of knowledge on the feeding/training aspects as already discussed leads me to believe you only like to see the nicey nicey side of this industry. Sorry hon dont mean to offend.
Paddywack
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-11-2007, 01:18 PM
You should be ashamed of yourself
Paddywack
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-11-2007, 01:22 PM
The breeders of pedigree pet breeds should be named and shamed too!
I like that idea, I wonder how it could be done. Have one list where all rescues add to it when they get in dogs with papers ?
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2007, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by Paddywack View Post
I like that idea, I wonder how it could be done. Have one list where all rescues add to it when they get in dogs with papers ?
Breeders should only be added if they have refused to take the dog back, sadly not all owners contact the breeder first!
Becky
Paddywack
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-11-2007, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Breeders should only be added if they have refused to take the dog back, sadly not all owners contact the breeder first!
Becky
The rescues could contact the breeders themselves and then add the breeders names to the list if they refuse to take back?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2007, 02:02 PM
Are you kidding? :smt044 Im not ashamed of anything I do, if others dont like it, I really dont give a stuff, but I do respect everyones opinion, so thank you!

I understand you say you love greyhound racing and always have but I feel that one trip up until recently perhaps does not make you an expert. I know you've said that you have friends who are involved but again your lack of knowledge on the feeding/training aspects as already discussed leads me to believe you only like to see the nicey nicey side of this industry. Sorry hon dont mean to offend.
Youll have to do a bit better than that to offend me Spot! :smt001

I really dont recall saying I am an expert, perhaps you are? :smt017 either way I am NOT a gambler and no I do not go to the track very often at all. I think I have said before I MUCH prefer the rearing and training of Greyhounds for the purpose of racing, the dogs I am seeing this afternoon are just that. Im sure I could manage to feed one too Spot! :smt002
Dawn.
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-11-2007, 02:18 PM
why should she? people enjoy sport everywhere its freedom of choice.
if your reasoning is correct so should everyone who puts a bet on the grand national.
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »