Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Emma-836592
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2005, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by Inca
...both Sophie and India it's a different kind of love as they were born here a kind of protection love if any one knoews what i mean ........
i know what you mean Inca
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2005, 10:40 AM
well i loved max from when i saw him at the breeders and bored everyone for his pics for the following 3 weeks but i had a wobble when i first got him as he hit our house at a really bad week we all had really bad stomach bugs and 2 of my kids were really ill with it and i felt terrible also all the kids found max hard for the first few days and it wasnt what we expected at all but within a few days i would catch him out of the corner of my eye and feel a rush of love like a maternal instinct and i think before he came i was in love with the idea of a puppy but when he came i gradually fell in love with him for him
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2005, 11:08 AM
i loved indie from the first day i brought her home

the only time i havent felt like that was when my cat died and my parents bought home 2 new kittens, i found it hard to grow a bond with them cos i never had any closure on my cats death as he was buried b4 i even got home from work
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-03-2005, 11:27 AM
The bond is instant for me.
I have had the good fortune to know many dogs each one unique and different..not better or worse than each other just different,
I use the analogy of a patchwork quilt to describe my dogs ...
Each square of the quilt is different, maybe not perfect but lovely in its own way,
Each square represents a particular time, and when I look at is I remember that time,
The quilt as a whole with all the little squares has bought comfort, warmth and colour to my life,
As I sadly sew in each new square, I know it will remain with me always..
And with this thought in mind I look forward to and eagerly await the next.
snazy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-03-2005, 11:33 AM
The patchwork quilt is a lovely analogy
Housedog
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-03-2005, 11:56 AM
To truely love any living creature be it human or canine you must understand the needs of what is to be loved, in the canine world I admire many breeds but truely love only one The Stafford, the bond that can be built between dog and owner encompasses all the good attributes of love, trust, loyalty, respect, the list is endless, for me I see one aspect of love when my dogs are asleep beside on the couch at night, they dream of the fields and woods they have visited that day, and I have thier company while I relax, as in all true love it 's about give and take, and mutual respect.
WiggilyStump
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-03-2005, 12:05 PM
It was love at first sight for me, well thats what I thought until I got to know her (Roxy, my dog) and then I loved her even more!!
:smt007 :smt007 :smt007 :smt101
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-03-2005, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by Housedog
To truely love any living creature be it human or canine you must understand the needs of what is to be loved, and have mutual respect.
... my sentiments entirely Housedog mutual respect...not so much to 'own a dog' which is all about possession, more a case of 'choosing to share ones life with ' a concept most on DW will be familiar with

snazy glad you liked it
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2005, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by Housedog
To truely love any living creature be it human or canine you must understand the needs of what is to be loved
Couldn't of put it better Housedog

Mini, I love the patchwork quilt analogy. So very true too.
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2005, 05:48 PM
I would say both.

Ally I fell in love with the moment I saw her, but my cat was diff.
I found her in a garage when newborn. Her mum was wild so I kidnapped Gismo at a early age and raised her myself.
I wasnt in love with her first as much as I felt sorry for her, but I did fall in love with her as I got to know her.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >