Female 

13-10-2007, 11:49 AM
Were in a 3 bed house/semi - last water bill for 6 months was £168.12
catsta2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-10-2007, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Yes, I think they've tapped into your supply somehow!!! Hopefully you'll be able to prove it by producing all your other previous bills????
Yeah!
Basically it is a huge building. Downstairs is a shop then upstairs are 2 flats.

I have lived there for 2 years and all this time the other flat has been being done up. I have NEVER seen a utility bill come through for it, despite obviously using water and elec for those 2 years.

I am going to wait until i see my Landlord(he is in Spain), get him to turn the taps on in that flat and let me watch my meter.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2007, 11:56 AM
Nice one!! Sounds like you've got it sussed!!!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-10-2007, 03:15 PM
My heating hardly ever goes on and I had a gas bill in the summer for £300 I didn't believe it and went off and checked the meter but the reading was actually correct so gawd knows what happened there unless they misread it previoulsly, but they would have had to misread it more than once I think for it to be that high, but the next bill was back to normal.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-10-2007, 03:25 PM
I pay £25 per month for gas to British Gas and am currently in credit to the tune of something like £60.This will however get swallowed up during winter cause i prefer tropical type temperatures at home and refuse to wrap up.

Electricity is forever going up cause 2 years back,i was in credit at around £70,but am now £25 in debit yet i dont leave anything else on needlessly!!! I currently pay £22 per month,but Powergen need to up my payments so it will eventually balance itself out-in theory that is!
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2007, 04:32 PM
Get your boiler checked out. When i had my flat i didnt know but there was a problem with the boiler and it was firing all te time (even though the heating wasnt on nor was the hot water) it cost me massive fuel bills and i was sure someone was tapping into mine. Either that or get someone from the company to come and check that the meter is working properly. How you manage to sort it out x
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2007, 04:56 PM
I'm intrigued to know how many of you leave appliances on stand by...

I was told over the phone if I leave them on stand by they use as much electric on stand by as they do switched on

Thinking about it we have tv in kitchen, and both bedrooms, 2 x pc's virtually always on, plus we use a tumble dryer (because I am lazy and hate washing on the line )
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-10-2007, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by Trixybird View Post
I'm intrigued to know how many of you leave appliances on stand by...

I was told over the phone if I leave them on stand by they use as much electric on stand by as they do switched on

Thinking about it we have tv in kitchen, and both bedrooms, 2 x pc's virtually always on, plus we use a tumble dryer (because I am lazy and hate washing on the line )
I dont leave anything on standby cause i too was always told they use the same amount of power as when being used.My only so called 'standby' vice with electricity is owning a laptop which apparently are not green.Cant understand why i've gone from being in credit by a good amount to owing them!

I do though have low energy light bulbs all over my house,but cant in garden cause it has a PIR sensor so that has a normal bayonet 100w.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2007, 08:15 AM
Just thought i would give you an update on this - I called and expressed my alarm at my bill I have just received an amended bill £140!!!!!!!!! slightly different to the original ( not estimated ) a keying error ????
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2007, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by catsta2001 View Post
My water bill was £407 for a quarter!!!!!! There was only 2 of us living there then.
We aren't paying it though. There is no way we have used that much water.
Are you on a water meter?
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >